Unknown Love

• Dedicated to JT Joshua

Among us Chapter 3:

 It was dark as I walked on the sidewalk. As I passed several closed stores and stared at the dim lights I thought of the bloodstains in the floor and me opening the closet door. I wonder who did it. School tomorrow is going to be chaotic. There probably going to point fingers on the Sema’s aren’t they. When I looked at one of the closed stores I saw a signal of a crow painted in black paint on the gate.

I swiped my hand slowly over it and the paint was dry. I kept walking forward. The Crows are a group who refuse to accept the existence of aliens living among humans. They have been causing riots ever since aliens have opened themselves into society. I don’t really understand their problem with aliens. They need to get over it if you ask me.

When I got home my mom immediately hugged me and asked if I was okay. I responded saying, “ I’m fine mom. Although it was terrifying seeing my teacher like that.” my house looked the same. The walls where white, the big green couch in the living room felt like home, the flat screen television was in front of the couch and there was only one painting hung in the wall. The painting was black and white drawing of the sky and the moon.

“Do you need anything? I have zeprophantac.” Zeprophantac was a medicine created by both aliens and humans. It relieves most common pains and works well with coming humans down. My mom is a doctor so she has good medicine around the house.

“No mom I don’t feel like taking any medicine, and besides that makes me act weird. I’m going to my room mom.”

I started to walk to the stairs but my mom said “Ava!”

I walked to her and sit in the arm of the couch “Yeah?”

“ I just need to tell you something tomorrow afterschool. Please come home as soon as you can alright.” I wonder what is it? Why can’t she just tell me now?

“Okay mom, goodnight.” I kissed her at the top of her head and I hugged her goodbye.  I walked to the stairs and quickly turned back to say “I love you mom.”

“I love you too. Goodnight!”

~*~

Me and Leila and my other classmates were standing in front of the pool entrance waiting for a teacher to come and open the door. Masson went to the office to find the teacher and check what’s going on.

I heard light footsteps behind Leila and me. “Boo!” it was Jace who appeared behind us. It was so funny because it scared Leila so much she almost tripped on air. 

“Ugh you idiot stop doing that!” she pushed him back but he barely moved. I wasn’t surprised Leila wasn’t the strong type.

“After a while you would think that she would get used to it” I said to Jace.

“It’s so fun playing with you my swimming partner.” He said putting his arm around her. She blushed and moved away slowly.

“Stop playing with me. It’s not cute.”

“Oh so you think I’m cute?”

“I didn’t say that”

He laughs and says, “I know, I know I’m just joking”

“You guys are cute,” I said.

He smiles while pulling Leila close to him and say’s “You think?”

“Ava!” Leila angrily remarks.

“What? It’s true…. Leila I’m gunna walk around till the teacher comes. I’m going to leave you two alone”