He's A Kiss N Tell Kind Of Guy

Start from the beginning

I sigh and scratch the back of my neck. "Luke, you can't say things like that. It'll her hurt her feelings."

"How? She's my sister. Not my mom."

"I know but she's trying to be mom." I reply. "Pretend she's playing house or something."

"I don't play house. I play with Nerf guns."

He's going to be like us when he gets older.

"Just pretend, okay?"

"Okay, I'll pretend. But why? Why is she pretending to be mom when we already have one?" He asks as he sits beside Mittens.

I'm not the person he should be asking on a topic like this. This is something Carter should talk to him about. Just like how I'm going to make Carter have 'the talk' with him when he gets older. It's just something I can't do.

"That's a good question, Luke." I say. "But I think Carter should tell you when he gets home. He'll probably be able go explain it better."

+++

"The football game isn't for another two days." Garret says. "It's on the same night as the Underground Phoenix party."

I see Jake visibly relax. "Good. You guys don't need to be going to that party anyways."

I frown and slosh through the ocean water. "We're still going."

Jake whips around to look at me, his eyes widen in shock. "Why? If it's the same night, you'll miss the game!"

"No we won't. The game starts at about six thirty and the party doesn't start until eleven. We'll have plenty of time for both."

Jake needs to chill. I know he has a lot on his slate but maybe of he just relaxed he could deal with his problems better.

He sighs exasperatedly and runs a hand through his hair roughly. "Ethan, can I talk to you alone for a second?"

Oh dear Lord. It's just s party!

I sigh and follow behind him as he walks us back the way we came.

"Your second is about up." I say. "You have like a millisecond now -"

"I kissed Jessica."

I stop dead in my tracks and stare at him.

He did what? He kissed who? When? Why?

"What?"

"I kissed Jessica" he repeats.

"Why? Where and when? You're going to die now, you get that right?"

He nods. "Yeah, I know. But Jessica hasn't told Carter and I'm sure as hell ain't going tell him so maybe he won't have to know at all."

"I think it's best he doesn't know. I mean, don't you remember when I kissed her how possessive he got. He nailed me right in my jewels." I say. And damn did it hurt.

"You did kiss her right in front of him." He suddenly grabs my arm and twists it behind my back before kicking my legs out from under me. His fist connects with my face twice before I realize what just happened. "That's for kissing her, by the way."

"You asshole!"I shout. "That happened like ... days ago!"

He's not even dating her! And to think I'm trying to help him out.

I then quickly tackle him to the ground and shove sand in his mouth. "You cunt! You can't do shit like that." I let my fist connect with his face a good few times before I let loose and back away. "And that's for kissing my brother's girlfriend."