The unanswered question

"May, whatever happens just stay here ok?"
They're on a mission to get an 0-8-4, undercover. May hates undercover. It reminds her of that mission on the train in Italy. She sighs as she thinks of that mission, the only good thing to come out of that was the time she got to spend with Coulson when he helped her with her shoulder wound. As May's thoughts waver Coulson walks off from their post, before she even answers.

He walks into the main lobby of the hotel, "May I take your bags for you sir?" May is standing around the corner but she can still hear their conversation. Within a few seconds she hears a gunshot go off. She runs around the corner, to see Coulson falling to the floor. Her eyes are fixed on Phil as she sprints towards him. She's shouting out but she can barely even hear herself. But before she can reach him she feels a sharp pain in her stomach and she's hitting the floor. She can hear Phil shouting for her but she thinks that it's a dream. But sure enough Coulson is running towards her and screaming, everything seems muffled and blurry. Phil rushes over and bends down next to her, "Melinda Melinda, look at me" "Simmons get down here! May's been shot" he shouts into his comms. He yanks off his jacket and presses it against the wound on her stomach. "Simmons is on her way, you're going to be ok." "But but you got shot..." May questions. "I had a bullet proof vest, and I told you to stay there!" Phil replied. "I... couldn't... lose... you... again..." Melinda could barely get the words out. "I know this seems like a really bad time" Phil says as he brushes the hair off her face, "but I always have and I always will love you Melinda." "Phil..." She replies faintly before her eyes close. "No no Melinda don't leave me, you can't leave me." He holds her tighter as tears roll down his face.

Author's note: Thank you @aos4life1 on Instagram for making the cover for me!