a terrible deal

You were dating Peter for few months now and your relationship was perfect. Peter liked you for years so when you agreed to be his girlfriend he was beyond happy. He never thought that a girl like you so smart, kind, full of talents and much more popular than him would one day be his. Peter thought that he was overprotective with you because he was so scared to lose you for another boy and he being Spiderman put you even more in danger. However you found his overprotectiveness cute and you didn't mind at all. What was worrying you was his usual bruised face. He pretended that he was so inattentive that he often fell in the stairs, had bike accidents... at the beginning you believed him but you soon doubted. You were scared that someone bullied him and he didn't dare to say that at you. you had confused feelings toward his behavior, you were sad that he didn't trust you enough to tell you what was happening but you were also convinced that he was too ashamed to tell that to somebody and you perfectly understood that.

You were at Peter's place watching Fences. You had finally convinced him to watch something else than Star Wars and you were glad of it. nonetheless you were more cuddling with Peter than paying attention to the film. When the movie ended Peter told you than he had decided to cook you something and you looked at him with a big grin. Peter always had adorable attention for you and it made your heart melted. He told you to stay in his room while he prepared you a surprise meal. He quickly joined you again in his bedroom and kissed you softly while the meal was in the oven. The soft kisses soon turned into a heat make out session. Suddenly you broke the embrace when you smelled something burning. Peter cursed under his breath and ran to the kitchen. he brought you a burnt chicken and he seemed very miserable to have screw to cook a decent meal. You smiled at him nicely and reassured him, if you removed the burnt part it would be excellent. After the dinner you decided to go back home. Peter insisted to bring you back home because the Queens wasn't safe and it was a dark night. You chuckled and told him that it was okay, you just lived few blocks away. Plus he was tired and needed some sleep and bringing you back home would tire him even more. He eventually let you go alone with a worried face and made you promised to call him as soon as you were home. You nodded, kissed him and left Peter's flat.

The night was darker and colder than you imagined and you walked quickly to your home dreaming to be in your bed, under your warm covers while sipping a hot chocolate with marshmallow. You were too lost in your thoughts to notice than a shadow was following you silently, coming closer to you at each step. You didn't have time to scream that the shadow had knocked you out. The shadow dragged you to it secret place and locked you in a dark room. When you woke up you were in a bed. It took you a moment to realize that it wasn't your bed and your bedroom. You did your best to remain calm and made your way to the door. you tried to open it but it was locked. A rush of panic filled you and you had to do your best to not cry. You banged at the door but nothing happened. No one opened it. a thousand of questions ran in your mind: why were you here? Who locked you? what will happen to you? why you couldn't remember anything from the past night?

When someone opened the door you immediately stood up. a tall man was standing in front of you with a plate full of foods. He put it on the night table next to the bed in a total silent. You had so much questions but you didn't dare to speak, you were too afraid by this guy. He eventually opened his mouth and said with a Russian accent:

_ My name is Dmitri Smerdyakov but most of the people knows me as the Chameleon. His twisted smile scared the hell out of you. don't worry my dear Y/N you will soon be freed.

_ How do you know my name?! you exclaimed on the verge of crying because of the fear. And why am I here? What are you going to do with me?

_ I did my researches my sweet Y/N. I am not going to do anything with you, we will just patiently wait for Spiderman to come to save you. you're the key of the success of my plan my lovely. He added and brushed some of your hair behind your ear and you took a step back. Now you should eat. He advised you.

You sat on the bed and ate some fruits on the plate. You weren't hungry but you never know what this guy would do to you if you refuse to eat. He stayed with you in the room waiting for Spiderman. You did not understand  why he was so convinced that Spiderman would come quickly to save you but he seemed very sure of that. You didn't dare to ask him because he was very scary. You were waiting for something like two hours when you heard a big noise. The Chameleon smiled deviously and clapped his hands. He made his way to you and put on a gun against you head. You didn't dare to move frozen in fear. You saw a red and blue figure entering in the room. Spiderman, finally.

_ Let her go!! The superhero ordered trying to stay calm. She has nothing to do with that, let her go.

_ Don't worry Spidey I will but I need you to promise me something.

_ I'll do everything you want I swear just let her go. He pleaded and you realized that you knew this voice.

_ Wait for me outside Spideyboy, I'll join you and we will talk about what I want.

He let you go and left the room with Spiderman however he locked the room to make sure that you wouldn't run away and ruined his well-prepared plan. You bit your lips nervously and tried to figure out where you had heard this voice before. Suddenly it hit you. That voice belonged to Peter. you couldn't believe it, it was impossible, your sweet Peter could not be Spiderman. You refused to believe it even if a part of you knew that it was true, it would explain everything. The Chameleon opened the door, he was closely followed by your masked boyfriend.

_ Can I speak to her privately, I just need a second? Peter asked to the villain  nodded and left the both of you alone. Right Y/N I've something to tell you and this is important. Please don't kill me. I am Spiderman. He confessed and you chuckled.

_ I know do you know another superhero who wear a ridiculous red and blue spandex to save people.

He looked at himself and face-palmed.

_ Yeah I mean you know me as Spiderman but you also know who I really am. He admitted while taking his mask off.

You saw Peter's face and you realized that you were right, your Peter was the New York's savior. You hugged him tightly and said no words. He broke the silence and whispered in your ear:

_ I need you to listen to me. this guy knows my real identity and kidnapped you to hurt me. I am so stupid I should have insist and brought you back home but that doesn't matter anymore. He agreed to let you go, he will bring you back home okay?

_ No no what will happen to you Peter?

_ I don't really know, I have a deal with him, he brings you home safely and I take your place here. Don't worry I will figure out how to escape, Spiderman always found a way to save himself.

_ No Peter, I don't want to lose you, I can't let that happen.

You were crying in his chest you were not okay with this deal at all. You hugged him even tighter, there was no way you would let him go. You would stay with him no matter what.

_ Time to go. The Chameleon ordered as he entered in the room.

You kissed your boyfriend as your life depended on it and refused to break the embrace. Peter looked at you with a sorry face as he broke it and pushed you to his nemesis. He sent you a last look full of love and apologize as the Chameleon took you away from the boy you love. you tried to escape from his grip but he was too strong. He threw you in a car and locked it. as he brought you back home you swore on your life that you would do everything to save the boy you loved, the boy who always put his life in danger for the other, the boy you would die for.