[13] Should I Stay or Should I Go?

Start from the beginning

Oh wait. No, I wasn't. Holding my head in my hands from the excessive confusion.I didn't hear or see Julian come in.

"Is she alright? You didn't..." George trailed off obviously implying that Julian just woke me up.

"No, George. I didn't bite her," Julian said.in what sounded like annoyance.

My head snapped up as Julian approached me, "Oh... That..." I drew out thinking out loud.

Julian then took ahold of my face forcing me too look up into his face, "Chloe, are you okay?" He seemed to be searching my face for something.

"Yea. No," I said swatting his hand away. 'The alarm just did my head in."

"Is there somewhere we can speak?" George asked. "Alone."

"Go ahead. I just need a drink and some fresh air," I said aas I shooed them with by hands.

Once they were out of sight and out of mind I made my way to the kitchen.

"James? Oh my... wow. Where have you been? Its been like a week since I've seen you."

He looked really out of sorts as he leaned against the breakfast nook.

"I had things to take care of. Its none of your concern," he all but snapped.

Ignoring his pissy mood I walked over to the fridge and got me some pink lemonade.

I walked over to the far cabnet where the glasses were held getting one down. All the while keeping an eye on Mr. Moody-Pants over there.

"Do you want some?" I didn't give a chance to respond as I handed him the glass I had gotten down for myself.

Only once he took a drink from the glass did I make a move to get another glass down for myself.

"Why are you swaying?" James asked after he swallowed the rest of the glass in one big guzzle as if it were something stronger.

I had the ears of a human. James, Trace, and the other wolves had supernatural K9 ears. Julian had super hightened vampire ears. Why the hell am I the only one that was effected by the damn siren?

With the thought I gulped down the remain lemonade and headed for the door, "I'm going out for some fresh air. Care to join me?"

He shrugged as if he had nothing better to do and chucked the glass in the sink. Catching up with me he caught me before I walked into the door frame leading outside.

Once my lungs got a good dose of fresh air my head seemed to become clearer. There was still ringing in my ears, and a slight pain behind my temples but for the most part I wasn't acting drunk anymore.

"Where are we going?" James asked as I took very deep breathes like an idiot.

I pointed dramatically infront of us and headed in that direction. "You're really tall, you know that?" I asked as I looked up to his face. "Like a freaking skyscraper. I would know, you know? I grew up in New York City."

That was the very first time I had ever heard Jamed laugh. I don't even know what I was saying. He was only about six foot two. I was eight foot five. Or was it five foot eight? Julian was six foot something too.

Right then I actaully swooned at the thought of Julian. At that sexy beast.

We then walked in silence for a while. James stuck in his own thoughts, and me in mine.

He must have really been thinking really hard because he didn't seem to hear the low growl coming from behind us.

I slowly turned, sobering up real quick. Standing not a yard away was a very angry wolf. A very angry, hungry, injured looking wolf.