Part 7

"I want Mommy!" Sydney yelled at Sammie, shaking the cage bars.

Sammie only gave a small side look at the small girl next to her. She had bait now, that would surely give her an advantage. She only sighed as the caged squeaked in the seat next to her. Although great as bait the girl would make, she sure was annoying. Mommy this, Daddy that, Uncle this, Auntie that, doesn't she ever give up?

"I want-" Sydney cut herself short, instead of turning her head to Sammie.

Sammie noticed and looked over at the girl. Now that she had stopped she wasn't sure if that was a good thing.

"Why did you take away my family? Don't you have a family you wouldn't want to be taken away?" Sydney asked, her eyes staring into Sammies with no fear.

Sammie flinched at the question and instead turned from her gaze. She hated how the girl could just look at her like that. She wanted fear, power! This girl somehow was never fully affected by it. Maybe she is too young, yes that must be it!

"I'm sorry for your loss," Sydney said beside her then turned away, instead of looking at Sammie.

"Whatever do you mean child?" Sammie asked, wondering what she meant.

It was Sydeneys simple answer that made her flinch again.

"I am sorry for your loss in yourself. You seem very lost, enough to not even hear me..."

Over with the Fryes...

"You mean to say everything is gone. You don't have a single thing left." Bethany said astonished, looking at the worn down ghost hunters.

Toast only sighed and sat back on his beaten up chair while Ghost just messed with his already messy hair.

"Yes, everything. We had to get out of our headquarters really fast. Everybody that is a possible threat is being hunted don't you see? Toast and I are some of the tops on that list." Ghost explained. "That is why we have nothing, and can't go back there for ghost equipment. It just won't happen."

Bethany breathed through her nose in slight aggravation with the hunters. It was their job, how could they have nothing? While Bethany was pinching her nose, Cierra stepped in.

"Alright, we understand. What about Toasts restiator watch thing he had. You said nobody knows what prison the royal siblings are in, so that would work to at least find them." Cierra asked.

It was like a light went on over Toasts head. He looked down at the watch he still had on his arm embarrassed.

"I hadn't used it since we tracked you guys down in that alley. I forgot I even had it." He said, making Ghost face palm.

Cierra only does a small breathy laugh as she watches Toast mess with the watch. After pressing a surprising amount of buttons to fit on one watch, he was able to get the screen up.

"Says they are at the ghost prison. It was a prison made to hold ghosts, not humans. Why put them there?" Toast questioned.

"Convenience maybe? Even if we don't know, at least we have a small goal that will help us reach the long term goal." Jordan peeped up from behind them.

Cierra turned to Jordan nodding. That was pretty good since they were so lost on what to do before. They just knew that had to stop Sammie... that's pretty much it.

"So you guys are planning to break into the ghost prison..." Sally started to say, "To save the royal family?"

"Something like that, yes." Jordan nodded.

"You guys just might be crazier than the Acachalla side of the family," Sally said again, looking at them as if they were insane.

"Something like that, yes." Jordan smiled at her.

Over at another place somewhere...

Maxwell looked into the eyes of Sammie, anger practically in the air all around him. How dare she? He tried to stay loyal, tried to stay out of her way because he knew he would never win. Yet she pins something like that on him? How dare she even consider dragging him here to send him to prison. 

"You have been working with criminals. How couldn't I consider this?" She asked in front of him, reading his mind like a book.

Criminals? Yeah because dropping a basket of food to the PIE team was so bad. He had seen people murder each other in the streets, never mind this.

"Alright, send him away. He is guilty." Sammie waved him off.

Maxwell only hung his head ignoring Sydney's cries saying how sorry she was for him. He already knew that this wasn't her fault, plus he still had a few cards up his sleeve. Sammie still didn't know about the Alfa siblings coming here, or even that he knew where most of the criminals she was looking for are.

"Guess that will teach her." He mumbled to himself, a small smirk growing on his face as he was dragged by mites to the ghost prison.

He looked up to look at the mites next to him. He wished he could just punch one in the face or something. Almost on cue, the one he was looking at getting punched in the face. He looked at the person responsible surprised. Wait, how did they get here?

"This is a surprise. Hey, Maxwell." Ghost said smiling at him.

Maxwell blinked a few times as others ran over, beating up the two mites that had him still. Before Maxwell even knew the three that were originally dragging him away to his own doom was dead.

"Why are you guys here?" Maxwell asked as Jordan used his knife to cut away at the device that was keeping him captive without powers still.

"Well we were going to the document building to get the layout of the prison when we saw you getting dragged by these guys," Cierra said, kicking one of the dead mites once she mentioned them.

Maxwell laughed a little at that. What luck, that of all times they would be walking this way. Once his hands were free he floated a bit, stretching his arms a little. Being on the ground with such an unconfrontable position of arms wasn't very great.

"So the document building huh?" Maxwell asked, rubbing the red rings on his wrists.

Some in the group nodded, while some looked around to make sure they were safe.

"I think I could help you guys with that. I even might know a certain ghost power of teleportation to get us there faster." He smiled, making some in the group grin.

None of them could have been luckier to bump into each other.

(Sup. Sorry about that. Thinking it would be easier to move my publishing schedule to one every other day. School loves to kick you in the butt sometimes haha. Hope you all enjoyed and see you all next time!)

~ <3 your author