56

Julia and I had walked into five different jewelry shops, but still couldn't find anything. I never imagined shopping for a guy was hard, they're not picky and they will enjoy anything you get them, but now I'm having doubts about it. 

     I wanted to get Harry a necklace, considering he wear a bunch of rings, and he said he wanted to buy a necklace. I wanted to get him one that signifies our relationship in some way, but something that he will wear even if we weren't together. 

     In the means of buying him a gift, he kept calling and texting me. He wanted to hangout during his break, but I told him I couldn't since I was shopping for his anniversary gift. Telling him that may have been a bad idea, because all he kept saying was 'you don't have to waste your money on me' or 'Can I pleaaaase know what my gift is?' After countless attempts to try and get me to reveal it, he quit pestering me about it. 

     Currently, Julia and I were headed to go to the sixth jewelry store today. The whole car ride I was praying they would have something he would like, if they didn't, I would be screwed and I wouldn't know what to get him. 

    We parked in front of this small jewelry store, it didn't look fancy or way out of my price range, which became a problem in the past stores. As soon as we walked in, it seemed as if ever piece of jewelry was sparkling in the sunlight. 

    Before we even had time to take a first step into looking, a tall women with brunette hair walked up to us with a smile. Her name tag said 'Melanie' She shook both of our hands unexpectedly, making my eyes widen in surprise. 

   "Hello!" She excitingly said. "My name is Melanie, and welcome to 'Carats' Can I assist you with anything?"

    "Actually yes you can." Julia spoke, looking at me with her eyes wide, signaling for me to speak. Melanie turned her attention to me, her smile never fading. 

    "I need some help buying a necklace for my boyfriend for our two month anniversary." I stated, with a small forced smile. She made a quiet 'Ah' before walking to the front, Julia and I following her. 

    She led us to the front desk, where they're were all kinds of different necklaces, all shining in the sunlight. They're were ones that said ' boyfriend' and 'girlfriend' They're were ones that had holding hands. There were so many good options all at a reasonable price for me. 

    "Are you wanting to get matching necklaces, or something just for him?" She questioned, getting the keys to the glass table below us, and placing them on the counter. 

    "Just for him." I answered, giving a small nod. 

    "Anything in particular?" She asked, trying her best to help us. 

     "She wants something that represents their relationship." Julia chimed in, getting right to the point. "Something he would wear, even if they weren't in a relationship."

     "Ah, I see." She said, smiling at me. She grabbed the stool next to her, and took a seat. 

      "Tell me about you guys." She said, her hands holding her chin up. "What's his name? How did you guys meet?"

      "Well." I said, thinking of a way to make this short and sweet. "His name is Harry, he's a singer in a band called 'One Direction.'"

     "I've heard of them. Is he the one with the tattoos on his arm, and the curly hair?" She asked. I nodded in response. 

    "We met here in Cali, this summer." I continued. "I didn't want a relationship because I lived in Texas at the time. But, we ended up in one any way. The day I left to go back home, I broke up with him. Then, he came to my hometown and surprised me with a song he wrote for me, and then we got back together. Then, I moved here and I got closer to him and now we get to see each other almost every day."

      She looked at me, admiring my story. Her smile grew even bigger, and she adjusted herself before speaking. 

     "Seems to me like you moved down here for him. Do finally do something for yourself. Am I right?" She questioned. I nodded, with a smile plastered on my face. I didn't feel like telling her my life story since she's still a stranger, and mainly because she was right. 

     "I can tell by the look on your face that you have something in mind." Julia said, looking at her. Melanie looked at her then me, then unlocked the case. 

     Within seconds, she placed a necklace on the counter. It was all silver, even the chain. The charm on the chain was a paper airplane. It looked beautiful, and im sure Harry would love it. Besides it made me feel something, like I knew this could mean something for our relationship. 

   "What about this?" Melanie questioned, with a small smile. "What does this make you think of about your relationship with Harry?"

    "It means." I began, looking at it. "No matter how far apart we are, we'll always fly back to each other. That I gave up my hometown to fly here to be with him, and i'll always do that no matter what the situation is."

   I looked back up at Julia, then Melanie, they both had a smile on their face. They looked at each other than back at me. 

    "I think you found his gift." Julia stated. 

    I looked back down at the necklace enjoying the beauty of it, and how much it meant to our relationship. I knew Harry would like it, together or not. I picked it up, admiring it some more, watching it shine in the light. I looked at the price tag. 

    $80.00

    Not too bad for such a stunning necklace. 

   "I'll take it." I stated it, handing it over to Melanie. I pulled out my wallet, getting the money my mother had given me this morning. 

    "I know it's already on sale, but I'll throw in an extra thirty percent off." She said, typing away on the computer. 

    "Oh, no."  I said, shaking my head. "You don't have to, you already helped me enough."

    "Don't worry about it." She said, waving me off. "Think of it as my little present for you. I can tell this Harry guy really makes you happy."

    "He does." I said, biting lip, trying my best to hold back my smile. 

     Melanie placed the necklace in a box, then carefully placed it inside a bag. She smiled, handing me the bag. 

    "Have a good two month anniversary...." She said, trailing off, remembering I never told her my name. 

   "Paislee." I said. "And this is Julia."

    She nodded with a smile. I thanked her one last time before we left. Now, all that's left is the date. 

    I can't wait to see what he has in store for it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

THANK YOU GUYS SO FREAKING MUCH FOR ALMOST 1,000 READS!! UGH YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!!!!

Also, I know I said this would be ending soon, and it will. It will end in when it has about 65 or 70 chapters, then I'll reveal the news I had mentioned in the previous chapter!!! :)))

I really like this chapter!!! EEEkk!!!

Thanks for reading! I love y'all! 

Don't forget to vote and comment!

~Kayla