Chapter 2: That boy on the floor does not belong to me.

Here it is! Finally! I am so so sorry about the long wait, i have so much school work and my exams are in one month! Agghh im so nervous and scared haha. Thank you all for being so patient, I wont ramble on. Enjoy!

Addie’s POV:

I open my eyes and squint into the bright light; slowly and carefully I bring my hand up to my head to cover my eyes. I let out a small groan at the shooting pains in my side, what the hell happened last night? A question I regularly ask myself. I slide myself up the bed into a sitting position to realise that this is not my room and that boy on the floor does not belong to me.

I scream.

He screams and then we just stare at each other. “Where the hell am I?” I ask.

“Erm... my place” he answers, he gets up and rushes to my side “are you sure you should be sat up?” he asks waving his hands above me not knowing what to do and then it all comes rushing back; my father, the alley, the pain, the security of someone’s arms wrapped around me and then darkness.

“I’m fine, don’t worry”

“You are definitely not fine; you’re the exact opposite of fine actually. You’ve bruised your ribs and your face is black and blue” He looked at me waiting for my reply.

“Exactly I’m fine, could you please take me home?” Apparently this was not the reply he was expecting, he just looks at me his mouth wide open so I swing my legs out of bed and shut it with my hand “we don’t want to be catching flies now do we?”

He shakes his head and replies “I’m not taking you home until I know you’ve showered, eaten and you’re okay. Go get a shower then meet me back in here, I’ll have my mum waiting to check on you and then you will eat breakfast.”

“Then you’ll take me home?” I ask and begrudgingly he nods. “So where is your bathroom?” I ask and he takes me to the room next door to his that is white and sparkling, in the corner sits a massive bath. I’ve only ever had two baths so I ask “Please may I have a bath instead of a shower?”

“Of course, everything you will need is in the cupboards take what you like” I smile and shut the door.

I turn to the mirror and look at myself to asses my injuries. Two black eyes, a swollen lip, cut cheek bone, a small cut in my hairline, under my shirt I am covered in bruises and my knees are grazed. It’s not going to be quite so easy to cover up this time.

I start running my bath and curl up in the corner, gasping slightly at the strain on my ribs, and cry. I cry about my sad and pathetic excuse of parents and cry because no matter what I can’t leave, social services have been led to believe I am nothing but an attention seeking liar and school don’t even notice. My life seems pointless. I am a waste.

No! I am not a waste; I refuse to let them win. I will get through this like I always have. I stand up and shake my head trying to get the negative thoughts out of my head.

Ryder’s POV:

She smiles and shuts the door. I turn and head back to my room, why isn’t she scared? Why is she acting like her injuries are nothing? Why is she smiling?

Her smile didn’t reach her eyes but she still smiled, why? Because she is used to it I answer myself. I need to stop this, I need to protect her and I need to help her but how? I have no idea.

She hasn’t even introduced herself. How can I help someone if I don’t know their name?

I sit on my bed and notice her phone sat on my bed. I look through for her number and scribble it down on a small piece of paper.

I hear the water stop so I stand to get my mum, I walk over to my parents room and stick my head in “Mum?” I ask

“Mmmhh?” I hear come from the darkness.

“She’s just getting a bath, she wants to go home so I told her she’s not allowed until you’ve checked on her and she’s eaten so could you please get up and check on her?”

“Okay hunny. I will get up in five minutes, go make her some food. I bet her parents are worried sick” I nod even though she can’t see and shut her door.

It’s weird that her parents haven’t even called her; surely they are worried about their Child’s safety? Unless she was supposed to be staying out somewhere?

I drag myself to the kitchen and begin making pancakes, plain ones, fruit ones and chocolate chip ones.

I accidentally spill some of the mixture down the front of my T-shirt so I take it off and throw it in the wash, I head upstairs but stop halfway, I can hear my mum talking “Honey you just need to rest, feel free to come over anytime you like but now go downstairs and eat some of my sons amazing pancakes”

“Thank you so much for letting me stay”

I rush back into the kitchen to plate up my pancakes.

Addie’s POV:

After thanking Mrs Wilson for both her kindness and expertise I slowly make my way down the stairs following the delicious smell of pancakes I make it to the kitchen only to see the hottest back ever. He was jaw droppingly hot. I can see all the muscles in his back working as he plates up the pancakes.

I cough slightly making him aware of my presence and sit at the breakfast bar where a plate of pancakes awaits me.

He looks up and smiles at me. “Hi. I’m Addie by the way” I introduce myself trying not to be awkward but failing miserably.

“I’m Ryder”

“I know who you are, the schools notorious bad boy” I let out a little laugh, he sighs and them turns to me and shrugs.

“What can I say? That is me”

Before I knew it id finished my plate of pancakes and we left the house.

I got in Ryder’s dark blue can and that is when the fear of last night hit me, my hands trembled so held them as securely as I could on my lap. I gave Ryder the odd direction and tried to keep still.

“Addie? Addie, we’re here” his face is etched with concern, I give him a reassuring smile and jump out of the car, hissing slightly as a shooting pain went up my side.

“Thank you so much Ryder, I owe you.” I shut the door and began walking  to my house with my head down and  pace slowing, I don’t want to go in, I don’t want to see him, I can’t do this. For goodness sake Addie you can and you will do this, you’ve had a break get in there and get it over with.

I place my finger on the doorbell and push. Now I wait.

*** I hope you liked that, if you have any ideas or tips they are very much welcome and appreciated so feel free to tell me where you think the story is going or where you would like it to go in the comments (: I don't know when the next update will be but please be patient i will write it and upload ASAP... Thank you for reading (: Also if you have cast ideas I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THEM (: