-4-

Riley's POV

We decided to get the new clothes first since blondie convinced me that sitting down and trying to enjoy a coffee in wet clothes wouldn't be the most comfortable thing. I didn't want to spend all of her money and since I buy a lot of clothes there anyway, I brought her along to Primark.

As we walked around the ground floor I realised we didn't even know each other's names yet. "I'm Riley, by the way. Riley Matthews."

"Riley?" She smiled and I felt like I did earlier when I heard the bell. "Well at least I know your name now, in case you try to murder me." She laughed, pausing for a moment when I gave her the side-eye then carrying on. "It's nice to meet you, Riley. I'm Maya Hart." I giggled a little. "What?"

"Oh, nothing, it's silly." She continued looking at me and I knew she would keep asking if I didn't answer. "Alright, it's just... for some reason your name makes me think of peaches."

"Peaches? Really?" She didn't seem convinced but when I nodded she shrugged. "Well that's... interesting."

"Sure is, Peaches." I bit my lip and glanced over at Maya, and I felt relief when she grinned.

We looked around for a few minutes, checking out a few items but never deciding on anything.

"Whaddya think, Honey?" I turned around to see Maya holding up a sparkly dark red dress, looking very proud and also a little smug.

My eyes widened but I couldn't help smiling a bit. "Honey?"

"Just referring back to earlier, when you gave me a nickname."

"Mhm okay, but why Honey?"

I don't know... don't peaches and honey go together?" I shrugged. "I'm pretty sure they do."

"Okay, whatever you say." I took the dress from her hands and looked it over then looked at the price tag. "Oh wow... it's a beautiful dress but I don't want to spend all your money." She gave me a look as if to say she didn't mind but I shook my head. "Besides, it's not exactly something you'd wear just to drink coffee."

"More like something for a date?"

"Exactly." I hung the dress back up and after skimming through the rails I picked out a long yellow dress, holding it up and layering my denim jacket over it. "This is great."

Maya smiled before turning around, picking something up and holding it up around the middle of the dress. It was a thick black belt with a large elephant buckle. "That's great."

~~~

After Maya kindly bought me the dress with the added touch she picked out, I got changed into it and we shoved my wet clothes into the empty bag we had from our purchase. We had a pretty fun time walking around checking out outfits that we decided to stick around a little longer, and I started picking out clothes for Maya.

I'd hustled her into a changing room with the final outfit she was willing to try on; a yellow dress with flowers down the side, a chained belt and a light brown buttoned military jacket.

"You almost done in there?" I called from outside the door.

"Chill out!" There was a moment of silence and even though I didn't know what she was going to say, I could see her smirking. "Be like you were earlier when I spilt your drink on ya."

"Ha ha, you're so funny."

There were a few rustling and bumping sounds before she said, "I'm glad you think so too." The door opened seconds later and she came out, looking in the mirror and doing a twirl then turning to me. "Wow, I'm impressed. You're great at picking out clothes."

"Not really. It's not hard for beautiful people to look good." I bit my lip as soon as I finished and her face immediately turned red.

A few minutes passed of surprisingly not awkward eye contact, then Maya glanced down at her dress followed by mine.

"We're just a couple of lemons." I tilted my head to the side and looked at her unimpressed but I couldn't stop a smile from breaking through and it wasn't long before we both broke down into laughter.

I may smile almost all of the time, but it had been a while since I'd laughed that much.

•••

I've finally finished watching The Last of Us and my lord, am I in love with it. I really love the storyline and the relationship between Joel and Ellie, and I have an incredible want to write a story inspired by it all.

SO... I was wondering, would you lovelies like me to write a Rilaya/Rowbrina (your choice) story based around it? Hopefully you've seen/played it or at least know something about it XD Obviously, because of the topics and things that happen to the characters, the girls would have to be 18 or over but it's all up to you! Either way, I'm definitely going to add it into one of my stories :P

Thanks for reading, love yaaa xo