I will fight you

Five years passed and Densa turned seventeen. The knights that were still alive remembered her, but not the seventeen year old her. They had a name for her that all the townsfolk new, she was the stick girl. She turned up at training with her red jumpsuit on, everyone around her was identical, but she was the only girl with green, pink and blonde hair. She carried her stick with her, it fitted neatly into the palm of her hand, and slid onto her shoulders and stayed there. Her wings floated just of to the side of her back and looked almost ghostly, some people even knocked into her wings making them fall back to her side in shock. The knights turned up and made a request.

"Training will start with a simple fight, anyone have the wits to fight one of the queen's guards?"

Densa looked around her, everyone had a weapon and could easily fight, but they were all scared.

"I will" Densa said aloud "I will fight you"

She walked to the front of the crowd with the stick and pointed it at the strongest guard.

"Me?" the guard laughed and shook her head "Fight me, with that stick?"

Densa nodded, the guard looked at her with a look of shock.

"Alright, but I might shred you confidence kiddo"

Densa pointed the stick at the guards metal neck amour and whispered, the stick tuned into her sword and it was as sharp as it had ever been. She engraved the words 'Stick Girl' into the neck amour and pointed her sword at the guard.

" What do ya' think?" she said with a laugh.

The guard flinched, the training amour wasn't very strong and had limited protection around the nose and mouth. The guard held up her weapon at Dena's wing and went to cut it off, but it just grew back. The guard stuttered and muttered the words 'stick girl' over and over again.

"Enough! , you win kid" one of the guards said in a tone just over mutual.

Shaking, the guard that Densa had chosen tried to smile, stared Densa in the eyes and started getting pale. Densa looked at her hands, her sword had cut into them with ease, blood rolled past her wrist and onto the gravel path.