• 2 •

• characters such as Justin Foley, Jessica Davies, Tony Padilla, Hannah Baker etc belong to Jay Asher and the Netflix team •

The sky slowly turned darker as each  minute passed in the next day, as Chad sat locked inside his squared, yet comfy room who's walls were painted in a light blue shade listening to the tapes that had arrived on his front porch on the previous day.

Curiosity had wandered in his mind, only thinking about Jessica and Justin's conversation at school.

Could these be the tapes?

Chad knew who it belonged to after hearing the first sentence that came out of the tape with a blue painted '1' in front of the first tape.

'Hey. It's Hannah. Hannah Baker.' The first words coming out of the walkman that belonged to Mike Beaumont, Chad's father sent shivers down the boy's spine.

He was expecting it to be Hannah's tapes but he was never really prepared for the impact.

'Don't adjust - whatever device you're hearing this on. It's me, live and in stereo. No return engagements, no encore and this time, absolutely no requests.
Get a snack, settle in, because I'm about to tell you the story of my life, more specifically why my life ended.
And if you're listening to this, you're one of the reasons why.'

Chad quickly stopped the recording, taking a moment to calm himself down noticing his heart rate accelerate, as he heard the voice of the girl he had been friends with and ended because of a rather stupid reason.

Chad had his worries after hearing about the tapes, his worst mistake coming back to haunt him was one of them.

Chad slowly pressed play curious enough to want to hear the rest of Hannah's reasons. He was interested to know her reasons since he had his theories.

'I'm not saying which tape brings you into the story. But fear not, if you receive this lovely little box, your name will pop up, I promise.
The rules here are pretty simple, there are only two.
Rule number One: you listen
Rule number two: you pass it on
Hopefully neither one will be easy, its not supposed to be easy or I would've emailed you an MP3.
When you're done listening to all 13 sides, because there are 13 sides to every story, rewind the tapes, put them back in the box and pass them on to the next person.
Oh and the box of tapes should have included a map.'

Chad stood up from his computer chair and walked towards his bed that had the box that had the wrapped tapes in, he looked inside to find a squared paper full of destinations.

He picked it up and went back to his computer chair, ready to hear the rest.

Chad hit the play button before Hannah's voice was already in Chad's hears.