Chapter Twenty Four- Nothing

Start from the beginning

"Hi can I have wheat bread please. On it I would like ham, turkey, cheese, lettuce, tomato, a dash of pepper, and mayo."

"Yup. We'll be done in a few minutes." The Subway lady was very nice, and she was also very pretty. She had black hair and she wore the Subway shirt with black pants and Nike frees. She had very pretty specked eyes with a bunch of colors from orange to green. Her eyebrows had just recently been waxed and she had the perfect sized lips for her face.

"Thanks." I went down to the end to pay just like everyone who has ever come to Subway does. "Hi I'm getting the foot long with ham and turkey."

"Your order has already been payed for along with cookies and a small drink. Have a nice day!"

It made me happy Chris had payed and upset all at the same time. I kind of wanted to pay for him but I decided I'd just pay for his ice cream later. I waited for my sub at the end of the table and then went over to Chris.

He had decided to sit in a bean bag chair with the table in between another chair. "I really like this Subway. It's very relaxing and makes you just want to sit and have a nice meal. Also thanks for paying even though I didn't ask you to."

"That's what I have to do when I like someone. It's polite and I hope it gives me bonus points."

"Well you do get bonus points for it so your method is working so far."

"Well I'm happy about that. What did you get?"

I told him what I had gotten and then we just ate for a little bit. It was a very good sandwich they had put the right amount of everything and put just enough pepper. It was like melting in my mouth as I ate it. I could tell that the bread was fresh and that the lady who made the sandwiches really cared about her job. That was really rare for someone who worked in a place like Subway.

My favorite song at the moment came on and I just had to get up and dance. The song was 'Talk Dirty' by Jason Derulo and I knew every word. Considering the station that was on I was surprised they had played it. I started dancing and I knew Chris was staring at me but to me it didn't matter because I was in my zone. "Lipstick stains on my passport, I think I need a new onnnneee." I sang.

Chris started laughing really hard which is when I sat down. I think that was enough singing for one date. I didn't need him thinking I was crazy. We started talking about school and everything. He surprised me because he was actually very smart. He was second in his graduating class with a ninety eight average. He was also in National Honor Society which was also impressing. I had a ninety four average and was in national honor society. He was talking about some community service project he did for National Honor Society when I started to just look him over and notice how good looking of a guy he was.

His green eyes were really bright but I was guessing that was because of the lighting we were under (which was amazing I should mention). He also had on an orange Under Armour tight fitting shirt which accentuated his muscles. He also had on orange shorts and orange sneakers. It was like I was looking at the sun. He also had a fresh haircut which made him look even better. "Can I have a cookie?" Chris asked.

"Eh I guess so considering you bought them." He laughed and took one.

I had forgotten about the cookies and didn't eat one until he had mentioned them. They were chocolate chocolate chip and they were soft and still warm. They tasted like a chocolate wonderland and melted right into my mouth. I was so happy that we had gotten cookies. But we were getting ice cream too so I had to save some room. "Do you want anymore?" I asked before I put things away.

"No I'm alright. You ready for some ice cream?"

"Yes I think I am." I only ate half of my sandwich so I wrapped it up and put it into my bag along with the cookies. I took what was left of my drink, ice, and threw it out. We walked outside and I put my bag on the handlebars of my bike. I got on after Chris had started riding and he once again rode away. I was really hoping we wouldn't have to go back up that hill but my luck is absolutely horrible because we had to.