Fourteen

The blackness was all gone once me and Quinn stood up. Quinn took my hand and then led me through the parking lot of the skyscraper. I heard Kilgrave yelling my name still and Quinn led me inside a black SUV, and we buckled up and Quinn started the engine, driving us off. I looked over at him and then sighed.
"How the hell did you find me?" I asked, out of breath.
Quinn shrugged and then looked at me. "I knew Kilgrave would take you back to New York, and I chose the scariest looking building here." He said as he turned the corner. I heard the sirens of the police coming our way, and I looked at Quinn. "Go faster." I said and then held on to the bar above the window.
Quinn smirked and slammed his foot on the gas pedal, and he looked at the rearview mirror. "Probably going at us for speeding." He rolled his eyes.
He turned the car sharply around the corner and he pulled up to a apartment building across town. He wrote a note to the police about the ticket and he put it on his windshield. Quinn looked at me and then blinked. "You okay, Lilith?" He asked.
I nodded. "I guess so." I crossed my arms looking down.
Quinn sighed and then took a hold of my arms pulling me closer, resting his head on top of mine. He rubbed my back and then sighed. "It's all going to be okay." He assured, pulling away and looking at me softly.
I nodded, a shudder going down my spine.
"Let's go get settled." Quinn said wrapping an arm around my shoulder, walking inside the hotel. He ordered a standard room and then led me in the dining room, and I sat down at one of the tables. Quinn went to the coffee and poured a cup. He went to me and then handed me the cup.
"Don't know if you're a coffee drinker but here you go." He said with a soft smile.
I nodded and then took a sip from the coffee. It wasn't a frappe, but it'll do. I looked down at the black, scolding hot liquid, and I sighed. "Quinn, when are we going to be away from Kilgrave forever?" I asked.
Quinn bit his lip and looked down, and then back at me. "I don't know." He said and then shook his head. "I don't know." He said and then his eyes grew soft. "But I'll come up with a plan okay? I promise." He put his hand on top of mine and he smiled small as I did as well.