A: Chapter Six

♛ Alexander: Chapter Six

"Now is when the competition really begins. You will all be competing to win Prince Alexanders heart. Ever night, a different girl will have the chance to have dinner with the prince, alone." Jeff said as he stood in front of the group of girls.

Katherine was at the back of the group alone, pouting. I don'tt know why, but seeing her sad made me want to comfort her. Help her feel better, anything to have the smile back on her face.

"Just remember No Touching!" Jeffery said while smiling. "now, who would like to go first."

I would of given anything to have Katherine my first night, but because the girl who wants to have dinner with me are the ones to start yelling and screaming 'Me! Me!' and Katherine just did not seem like the kind of person to do something like that.

She hardly even shows any facial expressions.

"ME!" I heard the blond say as she started jumping up and down.

I almost scowled, its always the stupid ones, and the conceited ones that go first. Probably because they think that they will have a bigger chance of winning my heart.

But they are dead wrong.

"okay then Madeline, you will be first. Please go through that door." Jeff said while pointing at the door I was peeking out of. "prince will be there waiting for you."

I sighed one last time before closing the door and walking over to the dining table set up for two.

The door opened not even a minute later with Madeline eagerly walking through that door.

I couldn't help but think that she looked way too eager, and like someone who did not follow the rules very closely.

This gave me a really bad feeling.

"Good afternoon Prince Alexander." she said while doing a curtsey.

I smiled nervously. "Good afternoon"

she smiled. "Madeline, my name is Madeline."

I chuckled. "yes, I know"

if possible, her smile widened. "oh, I just didn't think you would of remembered our names yet."

"oh no" I said while chuckling. "don't get me wrong, I cant possibly remember forty names in one night. I remembered only a few."

Mainly Katherine's name, I thought to myself.

"okay, well I was thinking..." she trailed off while walking towards me.

I froze. "There is only one rule in this castle, and that is not to touch me." I said while backing away from her and putting some space between us.

She smiled as continued to walk to me. "yes, well I was thinking that that rule might not apply to everyone."

I smiled nervously as I walked on the other side of the table. "trust me. It applies to everyone, even the king and queen." I said while looking at the door, hoping Jeff would come in soon and help me.

But nothing.

"Well, why?" she asked while stopping in her tracks, crossing her hands over her chest.

"its a rule, so please. No touching, I... I um... I break out in hives when someone touches me. It makes me nervous and yea. Its horrible." I said while shaking my head. "that's why no one touches me. NO ONE!" I said emphasizing the last sentence.

"Diner is served" I heard jeff say from the door as two men followed him in, placing two food platters on the dining table.

Our seats, Madeline's and mine, as far away as possible.

❁♛❁

"so you've never had a girlfriend?" she asked me.

Dinner had been over for about twenty minutes and all she ever wanted to talk about was my love life, or my nonexistent love life for that matter.

"No, how can I have a girlfriend when I cant even touch her. When I cant get near her." I said with an exaggerated sigh.

He giggled. "so... you've never been with a woman? You've never kissed a woman..." she trailed off

"Nope" I said while popping the 'p'

thatâs when Madeline stood up and started walking towards me.

I scowled as I stood up and walked away from her.

"Madeline, please stay away." I pleaded.

"but Prince Alexander, we were meant for each other." Madeline said. "marry me we will make a great pear and I will make a great quee-"

"Madeline NO!" I yelled but it was no use, my back was pressed up against the wall and her hand grabbed onto my shoulder.

"NO!" I yelled but it was no use.

"huh" she said, standing a couple of inches away from me as she stared at her hand.

The tips of her fingers were already turning, a bright gold color that seemed to glow. And slowly it continued, spreading throughout her body.

Little by little, the beautiful gold color consumed her, until there was nothing left of her. Nothing human.

She had turned into a gold statue, dead, lifeless, and making me break down into a cold sweat.

I dropped to the ground on my knees. Tears spilling out, wondering if my life was ever going to feel like it was worth living.