Chapter 13

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

General idea of room

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

General idea of room.

Gile dragged Alex down the steps into a dark damp wooden room below deck. A small simple bed sat in the left hand corner under the window with a simple red blanket thrown over it. Up against the right wall was a book shelf. In the center of the room was a small wood table with maps and drawings stretched out across it. Gile threw her down to the floor before slamming the wooden door shut. Alex jumped up and pulled at the door trying to get out but it was no use, the door was locked.
"You just had to follow that bloody pirate didn't you." Alex huffed to herself chucking herself down at the table. She looked over the contents. There were many maps of Auradon and articles from magazines about Mal and Ben, about cotillion and about Alex's wedding.

Not my drawing

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Not my drawing.

Alex sighed brushing past them picking up a drawing. It was a pencil drawing of a girl in a long dress sitting on a beach her knees wrapped in her arms looking out on a restless ocean. It was so detailed, and well drawn. Alex couldn't pull her eyes from it.  She captivated by it until she heard the door creak open. Looking up she saw Harry stood in the doorway.
"Oh great you again." Alex rolled her eyes.
"Now now princess, you'll hurt my feelings." Harry smiled wickedly.
"Oh no, we wouldn't want that."
"No, not when I've talked Uma into letting you roam around the boat instead of just my room." Harry was standing over Alex.
"What a gentleman." Alex put a hand on his chest pushing him back a step.
"Come on." He led the way to the stairs. "Oh and don't even think of running, you won't even make it to the dock." His signature smile on his face.
"Wouldn't dream of it." Alex sighed, following him onto the deck. "So how long am I stuck with you?"
"Princess I'd be the best adventure you've ever been on." He stood so close to her she could feel his warm breath on her face.
"When it's coming from the boy who's holding me hostage it loses it's appeal." Alex looked up at him standing her ground. Harry stayed silent his eyes fixed on her. "So that was your room?"
"Yes princess."
"And was they your drawings?"
"Yes."
"Who was the girl?"
"No one." Harry's face faltered only for a second.
"Never trust a pirate." Alex sighed before turning her back on Harry and heading over to the edge of the ship. Across the ocean she could see Auradon.
"Why did you leave?" Harry leaning down next to her.
"Moment of stupidity, I thought I could actually be a normal girl just once." Alex smiled weakly.
"Why would you want to be normal princess."
"Royalty isn't all it's cracked out to be, don't get me wrong I've been very lucky to have everything I have and I'm grateful. But it's like I'm a puppet, I don't get to make my own choices every detail of my life is dictated for me. Everyone wants me to be this perfect princess but that's not who I am." Alex spoke quietly her eyes not leaving Auradon once.
"Then don't be that perfect princess."
"But if I don't I let down the whole kingdom. I let down Ben." Alex sighed.
"So what will you do?" He looked down at Alex.
"I'll play my part." She looked down at her engagement ring running a finger over it.
"Arranged marriage, that's got to be tough." Harry nudged her.
"You don't know the half of it." Alex smiled weakly.
"He as annoying as he looks?" Harry laughed.
"His kind, polite, his great with his brother and sister and he'll make a great ruler..." Alex faltered from a second.
"But." Harry prompted her.
"All the stories speak of true love, am I selfish to want that love that makes your heart race, to have that type of passion and adventure?"
"So why not stand against it?"
"This marriage gives me high power to push for what I stand for."
"And what do you stand for princess?" The space between the two was slowly decreasing as they stood together.
"Equality, everyone should get the same opportunities if they're men women, from Auradon or the Isle, rich or poor. I want this stupid barrier to come down and for us to be able to start healing." Alex spoke with such passion.
"Your nothing like I thought you'd be princess." Harry's eyes were soft as they looked down at hers.
"Disappointed?"
"Quite the opposite." Harry's hand rested over hers as the two stood breaths width apart.
"Harry! Uma wants us to meet her in the chip shop now." Gile called from the docks.
Harry sighed stepping away from Alex if she didn't know better she could have sworn she'd seen disappointment cross his face. His previously soft eyes turned cold and harsh.
"Julian, take the princess back to my cabin..." he ordered a large tanned pirate with long black hair. Julian grunted wrapping his arm around  
Alex wrist tightly causing her to gasp. Harry turned leaving the princess with the black haired pirate. Julian pulled Alex down the steps throwing her around like a rag doll, he shoved her into Harry's room before locking the door leaving her in isolation.

What's people's thoughts on the characters so far? 👑