''So did I.'' He said, and she smiled again, although it sort of faltered when she saw how worried his eyes looked.

''What's wrong? She asked, her voice concerned. James shook his. Head.

''It's just, earlier, when I said 'you still love me, right?' and you said, 'yes, dickface', were you being serious?'' He asked, looking like a sad little puppy and Lily's eyes softened.

''Of course I was. I love you. I promise'' She said, and James grinned, kissing the back of her hand.

''Good. I love you too.'' He said, and she kissed him, soft, slow, long, before pulling away and opening the car door.

''I know,'' She said, stepping out of the car and closing the door.

''Hey!'' James said, rolling down the window, ''You can't Han Solo me and then walk away like that!'' He shouted out of the window, and she didn't even bother turning around, but did smirk as she unlocked her front door. She heard a door slam behind her, and whipped around to find James, looking rather put-out, standing behind her.

''Well hello,'' she said, raising an eyebrow in questioning as James rolled his eyes and put his arms around her waist, kissing her on the forehead. She rolled her eyes now, putting her hands on his chest and pushing him away from her. He pouted.

''My parents are inside and don't know we're dating,'' she reminded him, and he laughed, quickly kissing her on the lips as the porch light went on.

''No time like the present,'' he said, and she laughed, swatting his arm away as it tried to find its way around her waist.

''Lily! You're home! And who's this? Your boyfriend?" Lily turned to find her dad, standing in the door way and grinning at her and James. James smirked, and lifted his hand to shake Mr. Evans', which Lily rolled her eyes at.

''Acting like a gentleman in front of my parents to suck up them, are you Potter?'' she mumbled, and James laughed, which in turn made Lily glare.

''Hello, Mr. Evans. I'm James, James Potter. I suppose Lily hasn't talked about me, has she?" James said, pouting for effect, which made Lily smack his arm. Her dad laughed, shaking his head.

''No, actually, she hasn't. Although I can't say I'm too surprised, to be honest. I mean, this is Lily we're talking about. When she first joined that Slytherin High study club, she failed to tell us until a year and a half later, when she left for 'Gryffindor purposes'.'' Mr. Evans explained, and James laughed, glancing at Lily who scowled and shook her head.

''Gits. But, yes, go ahead, laugh at me failing to mention the Slugclub. I'm your daughter, dad, and I'm your girlfriend, you twat, I deserve respect.'' She said, and the two men laughed again, making Lily smile. She was only pretending to be angry, after all. How could anyone be angry at two of their favourite people getting along so well?

Her father sighed happily, shaking his head at his daughter's comments. ''Well, come inside then, James. I'm sure Linda can make us all a coffee!'' He said cheerily, opening the door for both Lily and James, who stepped through the door gratefully, welcoming the delicious smell of baking, even though it was close to midnight.

Sounds could be heard from the kitchen, along with chatter and laughter. Mr. Evans led James through the house, pointing out the bathroom, the upstairs bit, what to not go into, and then finally leading him into the kitchen. Lily followed behind, making a few sarcastic comments here and there, adding her input on the house and making fun of her father's words. They entered the kitchen, James shrugging off his jacket and putting it with Lily's purse on the table. She turned around, seeing Petunia gape at them, and her mother laugh.