ten

Lily pulled on her emerald green dress, its skin tight, shiny fabric making her skin a milky white and her eyes pop. Her red hair was complemented by the green colour, and her freckles looked almost non-existent. She had on silvery heels, which seemed to sparkle in the light of her bedroom. She put on another coating of mascara, bringing the tally up to three times that night. Her eyebrows looked surprisingly okay today, which she was thankful for. She grabbed her silvery sparkly purse and headed down the stairs.

''Jesus, Lily! You're going to blind someone with those goddamn sparkles!'' Petunia said, shaking her head and glaring at Lily, who glared right back.

''And you're going to blind them with the light shining off your two front teeth. Or should I say continents, because they're that far apart?'' Lily said, turning on her heal and walking towards the front door while Petunia ran upstairs, her hand on her mouth. Lily knew how much she brushed her teeth for a 'shiny effect', but Lily knew she only did it to distract from the gap between them. Her mother walked into the entry hall, and stopped when she looked at Lily.

''Blimey, I didn't know you could manage to look this beautiful!'' Her mother said jokingly, and Lily laughed, giving her a hug before running a hand through her hair.

''Hello to you too, mum. Sorry I didn't say hi earlier, but I only got home about three hours ago, and then James rang me and asked me to go to dinner and- '' She was cut off by a squeal, and then her eyes widened. ''Shit.''

''YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND? WHEN WERE YOU GOING TO TELL ME?'' Her mother said, and she rolled her eyes.

''Not now, obviously. But yes, I do, his name is James, he's picking me up in about thirty seconds, and I honestly hate my stupid big mouth right now, but yes, see you.'' She said, and her mum just shook her head as a car horn sounded outside and Lily checked herself in the mirror before opening the door.

''You're telling me more later! Be home by ten!'' Was the last thing Lily heard before she was opening the door to James' car and hopping in.

''Well hello.'' James said as Lily sat down, and she rolled her eyes, kissing him on the cheek as he drove out of her court and onto the main road, heading towards the restaurant Sirius' family owned.

''Hi, asshole.'' She said, and he laughed as he pulled in at the packed carpark. It was always packed.

''Why are we going to Sirius' parent's place? I thought you hated them?'' She said, and James nodded.

''I hate them, yes, but their food.'' He said, stepping out of the car and joining Lily on her side of the car. He knew better than to open the door for her.

''My boyfriend, always the fat lazy ass.'' She said, rolling her eyes.

''that's me!'' He said, doing finger guns at her and winking. She bit back a smile.

''If you do that again, I'm not sitting near you.'' She said, and he made fake puppy dog eyes at her.

''But you still love me, yeah?'' He said, and she laughed.

''Yes, dickface. Now go buy me a drink.'' She said, and he laughed and gave her a quick kiss.

''Love you, too, baby.'' He said, and he walked off as she smiled to herself.

-.-.-

Lily intertwined her fingers with James' as they pulled into her court.

''I enjoyed tonight.'' She said, smiling up at him as he shut off the engine, as signal that he wanted to talk. He smiled back.