Chapter 3: Your Eyes Can Speak

Anthony's P.O.V.

When I was driving home last night after the moment I had with Gabby, I noticed a look in her eyes that I never saw before. The look was love. When I saw that I knew that I loved her more than just my best friend. I've always had, I just never knew if she felt the same.

Tomorrow when I drive her to school, I'm going to tell her how I feel. I know that I'm going to be a nervous wreck when I tell her. I mean yeah I've had girlfriends and girls flirted with me, but Gabby was different. She means so much to me, I don't wanna hurt or lose her.

Gaby's P.O.V.

I woke up the next day remembering what happened between me and Anthony last night. When I used to like him when I was a freshman, I knew that we couldn't be together because I didn't want to risk our friendship. He means the world to me and it would break me if I lost my best friend.

I took a shower and blow-dried my hair because today I wanted to feel special. After I finished blow drying it, I curled it and left it down. I put on my favorite pair of black jeans with a flowy grey shirt and my black and white high-top vans. I went down the stairs and walked into the kitchen to eat breakfast. I saw my mom with her head in her hands and I got nervous thinking something was wrong.

"Okay mom. Only if you say that you're okay."

"I am sweetie, I promise."

I smile at my mom and walk over to give her a hug and a kiss. I feel my phone buzz while I get a cup of orange juice and a muffin. I sit down at the table and look at my phone. I see thay Anthony texted me.

Anthony: Gabby I'm going to be at your house at 7:05 because I need to talk to you about something.

Me: Okay, just let me eat breakfat and then I'll be ready.  

I tell my mom that Anthony will be here at 7:05, because he needs to talk to me. She says okay, and I finish my breakfast. When I'm putting my cup into the sink I hear Anthony honk and call my name. I yell bye to my mom and walk out the front door grabbing my backpack with me. 

I walk out toward his car and get in. When I put my seatbelt on he looks over at me and grabs my hand. I look up at him and I see a look that I've seen only once before, and in all honesty I missed that look.

"Gabby I want to tell you something about what happened last night."

"Go ahead Anthony, you can talk to me about anything."

"Gabby, I - I really like. I've liked you more than just a friend for a while...I didn't know how to tell you until last night."

He looks at me with that same look as before, and it gives me butterflies.

"Anthony, I really like you too. I was always scared that if we got together and it didn't work, I would lose then one and only person that understands me the way you do."

"Gabby even if we do try to be together, and we fail, you will never lose me. I care about you too much to lose you."

I look down at my hands trying not to let a tear drop because I'm truly scared that I might lose the person I care most about. I feel Anthony put his hand up to my cheek and I lean into it making me feel safe. He tilts my chin up so he can look at me. I look into his beautiful crystal blue eues. He starts to lean over and I close my eyes waiting for his lips to meet mine. When I feel his lips on mine a shock runs through my body, and I relax into the kiss.