↠ the twenty-question tag.



THE TWENTY QUESTION TAG ⤵︎
march fourteenth, 2024

Feel free to answer the question as you read if you'd like!

𒐀 WHAT DO YOU LIKE AND DISLIKE ABOUT THE WAY YOU WERE BROUGHT UP? - This is a question I could rant on & on about for hours. Childhood & growing up are weird topics within themselves, because so much goes into them. I feel like I have a lot to say on both ends. My childhood was very rocky & as I've gotten older, I've come to realize that it wasn't as good as I once thought.

What I loved: I enjoyed the amount of creative freedom I had as a child. For as long as I can remember, I've been drawing, coloring, painting, cooking, organizing, writing, & reading. I used to be allowed to draw on the walls of my little bedroom at my grandparent's house. I had a chalkboard that I drew on every day. My mom & I would color together. I used to practice drawing all the time. I even have a book of trees I drew from when I was three. I used to make dough all the time out of flour & water, kneading it together. I believe that the creative freedom I had helped craft me into the person I am today.

What I disliked: I dislike a lot of things about my childhood, which leaves a bitter taste on my tongue. I wish I had better memories out of the things I can remember. A lot of it was spent in sadness & in fear. I used to cry a lot, which is something I disliked. I never realized how much I truly cried & was left to work through those emotions alone until just a few years ago. I didn't like the amount of alone time I was given. I had to kind of learn to be my own friend & deal with being alone. I didn't go to preschool or play with any other kids before kindergarten, so I had a lot of separation anxiety with school. My grandma had to come to school every single day my entire kindergarten year, because I would cry & get scared every day. Luckily, I grew out of that, but still.

𒐀 IF YOU COULD WRITE A NOVEL, WHAT WOULD IT BE ABOUT? - I mean, technically, I kind of already write novels! When I finish Scarlett, I would love to publish it, whether that's traditional or self-published! I believe that book has so much potential & would do great out there in the book world! It's a tragic romance type of situation, dealing with topics of death, suicide, grief, & the fight for hope / survival.

I have always said that one of my biggest goals was to have a book at Barnes and Noble. Now, I can say I have reached that goal! My debut poetry collection, Withered Rising, is available through Amazon & Barnes and Noble!

𒐀 TALK ABOUT YOUR BEST DREAM - This goes hand in hand with what I was just talking about, but my best dream was one where I dreamed I was holding a hardback copy of my book, Scarlett & I was in a conference room of some sort. I was holding the book up & talking about it with a room full of people. That is by far my biggest dream. I couldn't even imagine having a whole meeting just about my book.

Getting to see my poetry in paperback has been so exciting. I've been cherishing it every day! Now, onto seeing a novel in paperback.

𒐀 DO YOU WANT CHILDREN? WHY OR WHY NOT? - I've answered this a billion times, but I'll answer it again. I don't want children. I don't think I'll ever be mentally ready for that responsibility or that level of commitment. I would much rather just focus on my career & my significant other. My boyfriend & I have both agreed we don't want children, so we don't have any issues with what we both want in the future. I'm excited to be the drunk author aunt to my best friend's kids one of these days.