24.5

A man stared at the lovers sitting at the swing. They look so happy.

He was just standing at the roofs, getting a better view. His hair was white and long, tied into a loose ponytail. His horns were noticeably shorter than Kaguya's. His eyes were white, with a small hint of lavender. His robes were also white, and there was a veil  concealing his image. His face had freckles, which was a bit odd.

“Survived eh?” He mused. His son, wherever he was, was never heard of. Arisu, on the other hand was said to be already dead. His son's name was probably . . . Uh. . .

Kori?

Meri?

No. It was Mori.

Koushiki sneered. He created the White Eyes in order to lessen the Byakugan users in Hagoromo's world. They did not want anyone to share their power with.

He was even called a disgrace  when he fell in love with Arisu. With that, he left her. When she knew that he was an Ōtsutsuki, she creeped out, but was consoled by him, that became a bit overboard, and their child was the result, which he irresponsibly rejected.

Sheesh, such hasty and foolish decisions.

Kinshiki suddenly arrived smoothly, not making the other people notice.

“Koushiki. They found a way, didn't they?”

“Yes. They discovered a remedy, by the use of my son's eyes.”

Kinshiki gaped. “What?”

“Yes.” Koushiki grit his teeth. “I wanted to visit my son today, only to know that he is dead.”

Kinshiki remained silent.

“One day, once again I shall strike them. I shall strike their eyes with foreign chakra what constricts the normal flow, and kill them immediately. I'm done with letting them suffer slowly. My plan failed, and I am through with all those symptoms.”

“I won't easily forgive them.” He curled his fingers to a fist.“I shall avenge my son . . . I shall make them suffer.”

The breeze whipped away his veil, revealing a grim face, etched with anger and revenge.

“Beware the White Eyes.”