Tenten brushed away her tears. She was happy for Hinata too. Now no one had to die due to that illness. They found a cure. They did find a cure that was proven effective. The impossible was done, and shown true. No one had to suffer like Neji anymore, swallowing their own fear and pain, keeping their feelings.

It was always advisable to vent your feelings.

"I'm glad," Tenten said,"Now no one had to suffer that pain anymore. I know it's too much. If I told them, it would have never happened to Neji. . ."

Hinata stood up and sat beside Tenten. "Tenten, it's nothing to blame yourself about."

It was all over. Nothing would get between her and Naruto again. The could feel relief pass through her, a calming wind giving solace to her shaking soul.

Tenten grinned gratefully. "Thank you, but. . . There could have been still hope and I just let go of that opportunity."

She reached for the pocket of her pants and pulled out a folded piece of paper. "A letter from your nurse." She handed it to Hinata.

Hinata gasped. "What? How long have I passed out?Why did he-?"

The weapon master replied,"Fours days, you were out. Read."

The Byakugan Princess gingerly unfolded the letter and started to read it.

Miss Hyūga,

When you read this, I don't what happened to me. If you don't know it, I let my eyes be used for your own good. Please take care of it. Apparently, for no valid reason, I possess the Byakugan. I don't know if it's from my mother's side or father's.

Honestly, I don't know my father.

Whatever happens, it's okay.

Please take care of my sacrifice. Continue living for Naruto-san. I don't know him, but since my mom's death, the feeling of loss is unbearable. Never let him feel that. While you still have time, cherish every moment. Every second counts.

Live your life the where you regret nothing.

Make it worth it.

-Mori

"He-He offered his eye for me? Where is he? Let me tal-"

"He's dead, Hinata." Tenten said gravely.

"He's dead."

The words came out from her mouth like poison. He's dead.

Hinata didn't know how to react. She clutched the letter close to her heart, and shut her eyes. He was a good friend. She opened her eyes, brimming with fresh tears.

"Mori . . . Thank you! I'll never waste the sacrifices you did! I'll stay alive, I promise!"

Wherever he is, I hope he's alright.

Tenten smiled to herself.

• • •

“Onee-san!" Hanabi hugged her sister, clutching her tightly, making Hinata gasp for breath.

Their father was present, beaming happily. He was glad that her daughter survived all it.

"My my, my daughter sure is a true fighter." Hiashi chuckled.

Hinata smiled and corrected him. "Father, it's not me who is strong, my friends and their worthwhile efforts make me stronger."

Hiashi returned her beam once again then said. “Well, if it's that way then.”

Sakura and Ino squealed as they squeezed Hinata into a hug, saying words of worry, comfort and relief. Kurenai also passed by and embraced her apprentice. Tears of joy, sighs of relief and bone-crushing hugs was what dhe got.

Around morning she was released from Konoha Hospital.

The medics proudly proclaimed that they found a cure, together with Orochimaru(who was smirking with his typical 'kukukuku').The Hyūga cheered, since no lethal illness will ever get to them. A banquet was prepared, along with the Fifth and Sixth Hokage, accompanied by drinking and festive music prepared by some shinobi.

After all the party, Hinata decided to take a stroll, watching the places she wasn't able to see when she was still temporarily blind. She retraced the steps they once took when they joined the chūnin exams, with streams of endless memories.

She continued until her legs turned a bit wobbly form walking. It was two hour's worth of treading the pavements. Well, she decided to take a short break.

She then went to the park, where one day she was found crying by Toneri. She giggled as she sat down the swing, her hands gripping the handles, only to be shocked as arms embraced her, making look up abruptly.

It was Naruto, smiling at her.

The sun slowly delved into unknown, illuminating shadows, inviting goddess Night to take over. The cicadas sung their melody, the leaves rustling lightly as the wind blew their reeds.

"I'm glad I can see you smile now." Hinata muttered.

Naruto answered,"Same to you."

“Can I say something?” Hinata asked.

“Hmm?”

She said,“Sorry for being idiotic. I'll never try to kill myself again. I'll stay alive for you. Even all hope is lost, as long as I know you're there, I'll stay alive.”

Naruto blinked. “You won't leave me? Never?”

“Never. Because. . .” Her laced her fingers between his and continued.“I love you.”

The Uzumaki laughed. “I love you too!”He closed his eyes and slowly sealed her lips with a lingering kiss.

Their love continues once again, with freshly painted, vibrant, new colors.

- e n d -