As I walked by, I patted his shoulder twice. "You'll get custody. I'll take the case myself." I left him wide mouthed and walked through the door.

This meeting was huge. It had everyone; and by that I mean representatives for polices forces around the world. The only two cases I could think of that made this much of a fuss was the B.B Los Angeles case and the psychotic serial killer we had a few weeks back. I quietly, and under the cover of the dim lit room,  made my way to my seat as one of the representatives for Japan. I soundlessly sat down and scooted in; acting as if I was there the entirety of the time. My mouth was course and my lungs wanting to fill the absence of oxygen; so I reached for the tall glass of water to my right and hit the microphone. My shoulders tensed as the room was filled with a soft screeching sound that decided to go full out crescendo. The Police man talking the group stopped and covered his ears and quickly looked up in fury.

"Who did that!?" His gruff and angry voice sounded through the sound system.

I stood quietly and bowed, "It was me Sir, I deeply apologize. I was thirsty."

His scowl deepened and his voice deeper, "Finally decided to show, L/n?"

I internally screamed, he had noticed. "It was a good reason this time..." I tried to excuse.

He scoffed in arrogance, "Yeah sure, at the end of this meeting you will tell what was so important to be late. And everyone will listen." He taunted.

I bowed again, "Yes Sir." And quickly sat down.

The police here really didn't like me; due to the fact that I was smarter than about 3/4 of the lot.. I guess it might my cold demeanor here as well; hence why they call me Ice Princess.  I wasn't always like this thought, at home I'm either neutral or happy. Working with these imbeciles makes me unhappy. I mean, why can't they just think?! I stared at the stage ahead as the man droned on about something about Kira? I think I've heard rumors that he kills criminals without being there; sounds like my kind of case! 

"Hey Ice Princess, ready to share your tale of woe.?" The man asked imprudently.

I casually took a long drink just to agitate him further, then put the drink down with a small smile. "Yes of course. Just before I started heading to work, I was in shop. And I walked out I was trying to avoid the gum on the sidewalk by playing hop scotch; hence I ran into a large man. I then noticed his ring was either missing or taken off; so he had to have been just divorced or cheating. He scolded me and yelled that he was going to be late; so I then concluded he was having an affair. So I patted down his suit and tucked in the outlines all in the while stealing his phone to alarm his soon to be ex-wife. After evaluating the code, I texted her and we met up to give her the phone for evidence. And that Sir, I believe, is a good reason."

The room remained silent after the soft echo of my voice ended. I became uncomfortable and fidgeted with my thumbs. Everyone stared directly at me as if I was some sort of monster. Anxiety filled my brain and coursed through my veins as the whole world seemed to be focused on me. Though, to keep the act, I once again inadvertently took a drink as I kept eye contact with him.

"That." He paused, most likely to get me on the rush that he was going to reward me, "Is the most worthless reason I've heard in my entire career."

"With all due respect Sir, justice was provided to the woman and I believe that's what matters. Your opinion has no side effect. Well more of I really don't care." I said with retort.

His face became even more livid as he opened his mouth the start yelling, but a auto-tuned voice came from behind. "I agree, she provided said justice."

A split second I was confused as to who that was until the police man spoke again.

"Are you serious L? That could've been taken care of one of our new detectives!"

Even L is 'here'?! Is Kira that- I shouldn't ask that. He is terrible. Maybe he was interested and the force needed him.

I made a fake cough and turned my head to the side all in the while putting my hand somewhat in front of my mouth. "Wrong." and took and drink, then after I gave a light exhale, "Sorry, I choked on some lies."

A few snorts and withheld laughs resonated in the large crowd. And L once again spoke up, "This is meeting is over, those who wish to help follow your Chief."

So, I followed the lot who wanted to help out of the room.

This'll be fun!

Hi guys! This is my first chapter of L x reader! I hope you enjoyed and wish to continue reading! That being said, stay glamorous! You're all beautiful/handsome! Love Y'all! And until next time!