Just then, a gray car pulled up next to me and stopped; then the window was put down. It revealed the wife.

"Hey, are you that person?" She asked.

"I am, here's the phone. The pass code is 08 29 88." I responded and took out the phone.

"A birthday?" She asked.

"Yes, his affair's to be exact."

Her face became sunken and sad looking. I then noticed her lips and eyes were puffy and red, along with her nose; showing she was crying quite a bit. I don't blame her honestly, the last and only date I had it turned out he was one of those typical jocks.

"I am truly sorry.. Though, if you want to keep in contact to vent I can give you my number." I suggested. I almost never did this, but this woman was going to go through some hardships in the next few weeks/months.

She hesitated, "...If that's alright..."

So I unlocked my phone and handed it to her. She looked through the apps and continued to input her number in my phone. She handed it back to me with her eyes downcast and a sad smile.

"Miss, don't be afraid to contact me. I'm serious."

"Ember."

"That's a pretty name," I complimented.

"Oh," Her face brightened, "Thank you! What's yours?" Her voice hinted with curiosity.

"Y/n, it's nice to meet you." I gave a small, awkward wave and a smile. It seems talking is helping her forget the previous ordeal.

"Wow that is a really pretty name! It's nice to meet you as well!" She said almost cheerily. The exchange between the two of us was helping her. (A/n: I'm not kidding. All your names are beautiful. :) )

I checked my watch and my eyes nearly popped out of their well fit sockets. "Shoot! I've got to work! Sorry to cut this short, Ember!" I said quickly.

"Where do you work? I'll take you!" She invited hopefully, "And I'll pick you up as well. Just give me a call."

"Oh thank you! I work at the Japanese Police Force," I blurted out the information to her as though my life depended on it. Well, more of it my job did but right now no thinking!

I hopped in and we drove off, not speeding. It would be slightly shortsighted to speed with someone who works for police. But anyways, we sat in a comfortable silence for a good three minutes until Ember spoke up.

"After I sort out this whole blot of calamity, would you like to chill at my house and get to know each other?" She asked with anticipation.

"Yeah sure," I gave her a smile. "Oh we're here already.. Thanks again!!" I quickly hopped out and shut the door behind me and began running to the door.

"Anytime!" She yelled to me from behind.

I burst into the doors and speed walked to the meeting room. Two other police men stood in front of the two doors; smirks evident on their faces as I walked towards them. I've been late before and I got into some trouble honestly. Once I got to the doors they were undoubtedly snickering; trying to control the laughter that was pinted up in their funny little brains. If they had any that is.

"L/n. Late again are we..?" He tittered.

"Good reason this time. Out of my way." I sneered with venom lacing my voice.

"Alright Ice Princess." The other rolled his chocolate brown eyes. He opened one of the doors to let me in when I noticed that his eyes had bags under them and were slightly bloodshot. Before I passed him I also noticed he didn't have the kids' hair on his suit.