Chapter 4

Hey guys!

Sorry I haven't updated, but here it is.

sorry for any errors.

I really don't have anything to say, so enjoy the story.

Love ya,

#CassidyBrooke 💕

#4*18*14

**This chapter has been changed drastically in my opinion. If you are saying, "why did she update and why is she telling me to reread it?" Because I changed the ending! I wasn't very happy wit bit.**

A Thousand Years Ch4

No.

No.

No.

"Brooke!"

"Brooke, come on!"

"Brooke, what's going on?"

Everyone's words just mix into a glob. I can't make sense of anything.

"No!" I scream. "I'm not going with her!"

"Brooke! Brooke, calm down!" Laura yells at me. "Your not going with her!"

I struggle to get myself out of her grasp, and when I do I surprise myself when I run into Jinx's arms.

"Brooke, what's going on?!" He asks me.

"She gonna take me, Jinx! I can't go with her!"

"Calm down and talk to me! Who's going to take you?"

"Paulette!" I scream. "I don't wanna go! I wanna stay here with you!"

I just admitted to something. I don't know if that is good or bad.

"Brooke!" Laura yells from behind Jinx. I lay my head on Jinx chest and cry silently into his shirt. He wraps his arms around my shoulders. Laura voice turns smooth and soothing when I finally calm down. "She's not here to take you. Just calm down long enough to talk to her."

"I don't wanna talk to her," I state matter-of-factly.

"You have to."

"I don't HAVE to do anything!"

"Please, just do it."

"Not without him. I'm not going in there without Jinx."

I hear Laura sigh and give out a airy laugh. She throws her hands up in surrender. "Fine! Whatever," she finally says. "Follow me."

"C'mon, Brooke. Let's go," Jinx says in a soothing voice. He starts to release me from his arms and I grab his hand and shake my head no. He wraps one arm around my waist and leads me toward the cabin with my mother in it.

I wipe my tears away with the heel of my hand as Laura waves us in.

I bury my face in Jinx's chest. I'm not ready to see Paulette. Much less talk to her. Jinx smooths down my hair.

"Hi baby," someone says.

I inch away from Jinx to look at the face. The woman has blonde hair that has dark brown roots coming out through the top. Her blue eyes are clouded and musky, puffy and red. I wonder where you get bright green eyes from out of dark brown and blue. She's so skinny that if I didn't know who she was I would think she is anorexic. Disgusting.

"I love you. I have missed you so much," my mother says to me. The way she slurs her words and talks just makes me wanna- "I love you."

Liar! I wanted to shout. She holds her arms out and walks toward me.