Mr---

Stretching, I wince as yesterday begins to catch up with me. Every muscle in my body seems to scream in protest. Despite having a bath yesterday afternoon, after Dr. Green had been satisfied with my feet, I felt another one was in order. Maybe I could loosen some of my more tender muscles. After our chat and my bath, Dr. Green had insisted I rest my feet for the remainder of the day while he, Mr. Blackbourne, and Mr. Dakota had been locked up in Mr. Blackburne's office doing something for their organization. Mr. Nathan had been my escort for the day, indulging in scary movies and conversation, while the rest of the boys were busy with other jobs for their organization. It only raised more questions about their organization, but I refrained from asking anything, Uncle’s words coming back to me every time I began to open my mouth to ask questions.

After my day with Mr. Nathan and a nice meal with the rest of them, I feel more confident in my decision to stay. I’m careful not to step on Mr. Gabriel on my way to the dresser to grab the clothes I had on yesterday. Mr. Gabriel had said he had to ‘win’ to get the chance to have a “slumber party” in my room, but I know it was their way of keeping an eye on me in the night. I don’t mind and even asked him to join me in the spacious bed, but he refused, stating, “It’s good on the back to sleep on the floor once in a while.” Even though it was meant to be something fun, the minute he had gotten to the room, he had made a bed and turned the lights off.  Shutting the door behind me, I start the water, making it as hot as I can possibly stand then strip down.

Coming out of the bathroom, my muscles not feeling as tight as they were before, I find Mr. Gabriel gone, and the floor bed cleaned up. Deciding I had better hurry, I quickly make up the bed and slip on my shoes before heading down the stairs. Listening carefully, I follow the sound of the boys to the dining area. Finding Mr. Nathan, Mr. Victor, Mr. Gabriel, and Dr. Green in there, I watch as they work together like a well-oiled machine.

“Good morning,” I say quietly after a few moments, letting my presence being known.

“Good morning, Sang. Please take a seat,” Mr. Victor says, pulling out the same chair I had sat in before.

“Thank you, Mr. Victor. I can help though,” I state.

“Oy, take a seat,” Mr. Gabriel commands, pointing to the seat. Not wanting to be a rude guest in their home, I smile at him, and take the offered chair.

“Sang, you are a guest in our home; we don’t expect you to work while you are here,” Mr. Nathan states.  

“They are right, Pumpkin. You are a guest. Please let us do this for you,” Dr. Green says.

“Good morning, Miss Sorenson,” Mr. Blackbourne says, coming into the room carrying a platter of bacon.

“Good morning, Mr. Blackbourne,” I smile.

The others follow behind Mr. Blackbourne, each carrying their own platter, and each offering me a greeting as they take their seats. Buzz of conversation starts around me as everyone gets seated, and once again I find my plate magically filled. Mr. North begins putting more eggs on my plate, and I hold my hand up.

“Mr. North, I don’t need any more food. Thank you,” I say quietly.

“Sang Baby, you need the protein if you plan on shopping with Gabriel,” he states, slowly sliding back into his chair.

“Owen, can you do something about the ‘Mister?’ I noticed it yesterday every time she talked to me,” Mr. Nathan states, confusing me.

I know they aren’t going to hurt me now and that I’m not here as an employee, but isn’t that a sign of respect? And why is he asking Mr. Blackbourne to talk to me when I am right here.