twenty three, week 25

Harry flung his frail arms into the air, making a V in the air in contrast with the landscape behind him.

The little cottage was all Louis had hoped for, half mossy stone and the other half aged maple. The October air made it look so cozy, the autumn foliage surrounding it in a bed of fallen leaves. Harry looked pale and his eyes seemed even brighter than usual.

"What?" Harry questioned in order to avoid the sting of Louis' icy eyes (which he refused to remove from him). Louis laughed.

"You're beautiful. This is so great, H, I love you." He stepped forward to get a steady grip on Harry's waist and pressing a kiss to his lips before the curly haired man crouched down (very slowly) to retrieve the house key from a little hole in the hummingbird feeder hanging outside the kitchen window.

It was barely 7 am and Harry and Louis' once wild eyes fell puffy and glazed. They yearned for sleep.

"I think we should hold off on the unpacking," Harry gleamed, "I'm in need of a lengthy nap."

"I couldn't agree more, love bug." Harry giggled at the silly nickname.

The pair settled into the master bedroom, Harry stripping his fleece jacket before climbing beneath the down comforter. The light shone in from outside the window that rested above the king sized bed. The master bathroom door was cracked open and the one that led to the kitchen had been shut tight.

The house also had a cute little kitchen with aged appliances and massive windows where the sun could peek in during an early morning breakfast. There was a tiny bench with a cushion for reading, which was highly suggested by the walls lined with books throughout the entire cottage.

The living room had a large sliding glass door and twin rocking chairs, facing the meadow in the backyard. A stone fireplace hugged most of the wall beside the slider and a couch and two love seats were placed in front of it.

The familiar wooden staircase led to two guest rooms upstairs and a glorified closet filled with Harry's old school work and VHS tapes.

Snoring echoed through the home, the rest of it quiet and serene. The usual sound of Mark's stirring was even gone, he had been disturbing the peace elsewhere (Cassie's two bedroom apartment, specifically). Clinging to one another, Harry and Louis' lips parted, both of their breaths colliding to provide warmth in the chilly bottom floor bedroom.

It was almost five o'clock when Harry woke to the sound of a tv and a crackling fire. Louis was sitting in front of the stone with a smile, a cup of tea in his hand as he channel surfed.

Louis stiffened at the shifting in the floorboards, Harry's slipper clad feet causing them to creak.

"Lou?" He called, his soft cheeks flushed and his hands tucked away in the sleeves of his oversized black sweater. Lou tilted back toward him and smiled.

"Yes, angel?" He turned back to face the fireplace. It was achingly cold and the couple had yet to figure out the thermostat.

"Care for a cup of coffee?" They were likely to be awake all night, spending their day cuddled up in fleece sheets, legs locked. Though, Harry couldn't even drink it. He settled on a glass of warm milk.

They rested on the couch, watching a long set of parks and rec reruns.

The night went quickly, and they'd been playing spit for hours before Louis began to feel a pang in his chest.