I just wanted to let you know....

Start from the beginning

Khushi was shocked. Her best friend, her partner was going to U.K and that too for years, and no one found it important to tell her.
She walked back to her room absent mindedly.

There saw a packet on her bed along with a note.

'hope you like the dress... We r going out tonight... Wear it... Don't worry, I have talked to the parents... -Arnav'

He kept looking at his doll as she descended the stairs, wearing the dress, he got her. It was nothing fancy. But he bought it from the money he had been earning. He did small works in their office, without letting anyone know about his identity and he got a little salary for that. He was happy that he got her something by his hardwork.

 He was happy that he got her something by his hardwork

She had been unusually quite, all throughout the night. They had, had their dinner in a beautifully decorated gazebo, near the lake side and now they were standing near the lake watching the stars.

Arnav: "Khushi..."
Khushi: "you didn't have to do all these Arnav.... I know what you are trying to do..."
Arnav: "you do?"
Khushi: "did you really think that all these will compensate what you are doing.... I'm your best friend Arnav...."
Arnav: "Khushi...I"
Khushi: "why didn't you tell me earlier that you are going to U.K? Did you think​ that I won't understand?"
Arnav: "oh.... You were talking about that..."
Khushi: "ha??? You have something else to tell me???"
Arnav took in a long breath to calm his nerves.
Arnav: "Khushi.... You know that you are my best friend... But I have no idea when I started feeling more... I know you are too young... And I don't expect an answer.... I just wanted to let you know..."
He took her hand, looking right into her eyes. "I love you, Khushi"

Khushi was too stunned for a second. But then she broke the eye lock and turned again towards the sky.
Khushi: "One is never too young to fall in love, Arnav... But the thing is you are just infatuated with me. Because it was always me, in your life... But now, you will meet a lot girls in university, some really pretty ones... And you'll realise it...."
Arnav: " Wait... Are you... Are you in love with someone else? Is that why you are..."
Khushi: "god... Arnav!!! Just like you, it was always just you in my life... How could I be in love with someone else?"
Arnav: "so you r in love with me?"
Khushi: "What​?! No!!! I mean.... Arnav.... I know that I said, one is never too young to fall in love.... But a young mind may not really recognise it right.... You may misinterpret affection as love.... Are you sure that you'll still call it love, if you don't see me for a long while, when you see a lot of beautiful girls around you...."
Arnav: "I'm sure of my feelings Khushi..."
Khushi: "fine... You are anyway going to university.... Do one thing.... Don't try to contact me, once you leave Delhi.... You won't try to know anything about me.... You won't talk about me to anyone, not even our parents.... You won't know how I look like, how I talk like, what I'm doing...."
Arnav: "Khushi..."
Khushi: "till I, myself don't come in front of you..."
Arnav: "Are u... Punishing me?"
Khushi: "no Arnav, never.... I just want both of us to clear our minds.... We have been dependant on each other for too long.... I want both of us to achieve things on our own.... You are my best friend Arnav.... Nothing can change that.... Not your feelings, not mine...."
Arnav: "being in love doesn't mean that we won't be friends anymore... It just means that we would be friends as well as lovers..."
She smiled slightly at that.
Khushi: "I just want you to be sure, before you tell your feelings to me again... I don't want you to regret any decision​s in the future...."
Arnav: "Khushi..."
Khushi: "i just told you what i want Arnav... It's up to you..."
Arnav: "fine...."
He turned his head to the other side.
Khushi: "do you think it will be easy for me? I just want what is best for us..."
He slowly turned towards her, nodding and she hugged him tight.

************************************ It's been four years since then.
And Arnav had kept his word. He didn't try to meet her, even when he went to India for holidays.
Khushi was right .... There were a lot of beautiful girls out there... And a lot were after the handsome ASR too... That's what he was known as... Not Arnav, not a Raizada... But just ASR... But one thing never changed... his love for Khushi.... He was never interested in any of the pretty faces in college... Until....

Not proof read.... I have no idea what I've typed... Just went with the flow.... I know I'm late.... Really sorry.... Been busy..... Do comment....