A trip to Nainital

She was staring at the red saree in her hands…. still not relieved from the shock caused by ASR’s declaration earlier in the afternoon.

°°°°°°°°Flashback°°°°°°°°°same day afternoon°°°°°°°°°

“Aman and I r going to nainital for a conference….. and u r accompanying us being my secretary. ..”
Khushi was shocked “secretary??? but I’m not. …”
“I just said that u r my secretary!! That means u R!!!’
Come here at 6am tomorrow. It’s a long drive!”
Aman too seemed to be shocked by his declaration.. but that was not just it…
“AND ha pack saree. I dont want MY secretary to be seen in these type of clothes.”
He said motioning his hands up and down.

°°°°°°°°°Flashback ends°°°°°°°°°°°

She was cursing him under her breath when she felt someone nuzzling her neck. A warm hand went to caress her belly under her tee… “need some help in packing?” he teased.
“R??? When did u come?”
“When u were busy cursing….. u have some great vocabulary, u know…..” He chuckled.
She sagged into his hands feeling his caress. He slowly worked his way upwards raising her top along, while his other went into her shorts.

######################################################

Khushi was standing in front of AR for the past 20mts , waiting for the oh-so punctual ASR and the others. She was sending out mails regarding the work to be done in her office. KARMA was her baby and she was hardly getting any time to look after her baby these days in between all these AR stuffs. Thanks to some rly good employees she had only few things to handle. She had come here for her own benefits and here she was working like a faithful employee of AR, well only while inside the building.
"I thought I asked you to wear a saree" She was startled by his voice.
"Woh sir, I thought I could change after reaching there..." She replied.
Arnav stared at her before nodding and turning around.
She heard a noise nearby and saw Aman and La walking towards them. She greeted Aman cheerfully and saw La frowning at her. ASR was walking towards his car, La tagging along. Aman and Khushi were a few feet away from them.
K: ” Aman u guys r late.”
Aman: “late? But we were asked to come here at 6.30. In that sense, we r five mts early.”
K: “What?! Then why was I....”
“Because u tend to be late always Gupta… and I don’t like waiting for anyone” Came ASR's stern reply. 'And you made me wait.... Even I don't like waiting for anyone...' She bit back the whole reply. She wanted to say all these out but couldn't. And all these was due to some stupid plan. She decided to have a word with her partner later. She had to vent out all her anger at someone and she preferred that someone to be him.
The equation between them simple and complex at the same time. He was way more than what the others could see. And she was the only one who knew all the sides. They knew each other better than even their corresponding siblings and some things were their own secrets. She smiled remembering their convo from the previous night

ASR chose to drive to Nainital. He was known for his craze in driving and cars… he drove his cars himself most of the time.
She was getting really bored during the journey. La didn't bother to even spare her a glance. Aman was sitting as quietly as possible, working through some emails. And she knew that he wouldn't start a convo. The poor guy was way too afraid of his boss. And ASR - his whole concentration on the road or atleast it looked like that. She had seen him looking at her via the mirror two-three times. The guy had turned too desperate that he made her his PA and that too without a second thought. That's not the extremely professional ASR the world knew.
"Sir, what's this meeting about? I wasn't given any details."
"And y do you need the details?" La asked. Her displeasure evident in her voice.
"Lavanya, she is ASR's PA, so she should know the details. Just hand over the file to her so that she can go through them." Aman replied. La frowned but kept her thoughts to herself.
Khushi saw La glaring a few times… and looking at Aman with the same expression a few times. She was starting to understand what irritated La.