ii. cedric diggory

HELP FOR FANFICS ABOUT THE KING HIMSELF- CEDRIC DIGGORY.

~

the overused plots.

-now, there's nothing wrong with these plots, but a good amount of them are used in almost every other cedric story.

i. the "dumbledore made me go back in time and save cedric's life!" plot. when you're a good writer with creativity, this plot is almost flawless. but when the writer simply says "dumbledore called me into his office and was like "lol i'm making u go back in time and save cedric also fall in love with him if u want"" it's predictable. make your oc run into trouble along the way! also, a good tip is to well, know how a time turner works.

ii. the "harry potter is my best friend idk who hermione is!" plot. ok. so. harry is fourteen in the goblet of fire. aka the age of an eighth grader or a freshman. cedric is seventeen. the age of a senior in high school. personally, i think it's kind of gross when a senior and a freshman date.

iii. the "i'm socially awkward and no one likes me" plot. i see this plot... a lot. believe me i have seen some amazing adaptations of this, but others are not... well, the best. see, hogwarts school has about 270-280 students. each student is in a house. they sleep in dorms together. they have classes together. they eat together. everyone at hogwarts will more than likely have at least one friend.

original plot ideas for you.

-some plots i've come up with for you all!

i. so, if you've read one of my original stories, dusk till dawn, you'll know that i didn't make cedric the hogwarts champion. my oc, camilla fawley, became the hogwarts champion. you don't have to make cedric the champion! i repeat: he doesn't have to be the champion! seriously. if your oc is perfect for the hogwarts champion, make them the hogwarts champion.

ii. cedric doesn't have to die. what? i know! wow! he doesn't have to die! however it does make for a really good ending, so i mean go for it. but, when he and harry end up in the graveyard, something does have to happen to him. and if it's the cruciatus curse, it doesn't just go away. the curse is used to torture the victim. when the longbottoms were cursed, they were sent to st. mungo's due to their mental state. the victims of the curse cant simply get up and walk away. now if you're not in the mood for the cruciatus curse, go with sectumsempra. the victim bleeds out and is caused immense pain.

iii. don't want your character to be from hogwarts? try beauxbatons or durmstrang!
-beauxbatons: remember, beauxbatons is both a boy and girl school. j.k. rowling specifically states that in the books. i love seeing french oc's. also, when your oc speaks french, it's VERY helpful that you don't use google translate. they don't translate your words/sentences conversationally. they translate it word for word. try babylon! i've used it in my french classes for numerous things and it's the best. now for the beauxbatons houses. i looked far and wide for this information, and i finally found it. there are only three houses at beauxbatons academy for magic. bellefeuille- the house of bravery, sensitivity, loyalty, and nature lovers. ombre-lune- the house of the cunning, the logical, and the curious. papillonlisse- the house of the kind, the artistic, the mature, and the idealistic. carefully house your oc!
durmstrang- j.k. rowling mentioned somewhere that their was only one female character residing at durmstrang. so go for it! make your oc that girl. or, make your oc a boy. (personally i want to see more cedric x male oc fanfics. i think they're cute.) now, i couldn't find any of the durmstrang houses, so that's that. :(

iv. a gay cedric fic. i really want to see one of these! (especially a slyrherin oc x cedric. that'd be the best.) now, we've made numerous plots for these in our plot shop. go check those out!! i would recommend a blaise zabini older brother x cedric.

how to deal with cedric's death. (or his torture.)

i. ok so i actually HATE writing about this because cedric is like. the love of my life. so. that's that. when cedric dies in your story, the oc isn't just gonna move on. deaths affect people! i keep seeing fics where the oc is like "omg he dead gotta move on!" no, that's not how it works. make sure ur character is in a whole bunch of emotional pain.

ii. cedric isn't dying? well, if it was crucio, he will more than likely go insane. so send him off to st mungos. and then have him come back, but make sure he is emotionally affected because a human being obviously isn't going to get over pain like that.

good luck on your writing!