Chapter Three

"Hi, Mom!" I greeted cheerfully before my smile turned upside down. Well, sorry for being rude ─ I'm so damn sleepy. I think I was capable of spending the whole day laying in my cloud-like bed, sleeping as though I was gonna hibernate. Temporarily, that is.

"Please tell me I can go back to sleep after having breakfast."

Then she turned her attention to me with the weirdest look plastered on her face, like I had three eyes on mine. "Excuse me? Who in the world goes back to sleep after having breakfast? Honey, are you having a fever?"

"No!" I protested. "Me! I do that; I go back to sleep after having breakfast on alternate days in Summer. Didn't you know? Plus, I am, Mom. My fever is almost to a thousand degrees because I'm still not over the fact that it's Monday.

"Mom, Monday! Monday, goodness, Monday! Yesterday felt like... Well, nothing. It's as though Sunday didn't come before today and today's yesterday! Get what I mean?!" Honestly, I didn't get what I meant. A part of me understood, another part of me was blur as hell.

"No, darling, I didn't get you?" Mom ended her statement in a questioning tone, as if repeating the whole sentence in her head over and over again just to understand it. Eh, she was cool like that, don't judge.

 "Yeah, me either. Ugh, forget it. I'll just go to school and pretend that this week didn't exist. In another words, ─ yes, I just said another ─ I'm going to school physically not mentally. And before you start with the yada yada yada, I'm off. Bye Mom!" I picked my bag up from the floor, next to me, and sprinted out of the house just as my mother opened her mouth.

I was awesome like that... In fact, I still am! Oh, I'm so cocky. Gasp, Zayn Malik's taking effect on me! No! Wait, seriously? You're thinking about Zayn Malik this early morning? Are you for real? Oh, God. I can't believe you, a small voice hissed at me.

I shrugged my thoughts off and started walking.

As I walked down the street, I felt a presence behind me. I swear I tried ignoring that and being oblivious, but I couldn't resist turning around to find out who or what was behind me. Then again, I thanked God that it was a who who was behind me and not a...what. Oh my God, that would be totally creepy.

But then again, it was Zayn Malik who was behind me. That irritating bastard. I can't stop looking at him at the corner of my eyes. I mean, the shuffling sounds he made when he walked, the crunching sounds when he steps on leaves on the ground; it was hard not getting distracted.

Very, extremely, hard.

It's even harder when you could actually feel his eyes boring into you, as though he was scanning your soul or something. Oh, and not to forget that stupid smirk playing on his lips the whole time; tell me if it's easy. Ugh, Geez.

And for anyone's information, NO, I do not like him. At least, not yet... Until he does something that I think is nice for somebody, maybe, just maybe I would consider liking him a bit.

And, not that I'm attracted to him or anything else ─ GROSS ─ but yeah, I felt uncomfortable being in front of him. Other, kinds of girls, would probably like or die to be in my position whereas I, myself, would really just rather I walked behind him, or better yet, be nowhere near him.

I'm serious and I coudn't be anymore.

Funny how he didn't say something stupid...or even voiced out. Well, that's an amazing thing! Well, I spoke too soon anyway.

"You know, I could stop walking just so you could snap a clear picture of me," he smirked and quickened his pace so that he was walking right next to me,"though, I don't have any problem with you staring at me like that."