Blondie Lockes:Chapter 6

Nobody had seen Cerise for hours. Just as I was about to give up looking for her, I overheard Cedar, "—I know where Cerise is, but the only way to get to her is through the wishing well." Cedar, Raven Queen and Madeline Hatter snuck outside of school to the wishing well. If they knew where Cerise was, I had to follow them.

Inside the wishing well, a winding tunnel glittered with sparkling coins of promised wishes. I reached into my pocket for two coins—one so I could find Cerise, and the other so she could find it in herself to forgive me.

Raven, Maddie and Cedar's voice travelled up, followed by a loud SLAM. Suddenly a force whisked me up a tunnel, when my head bonked against something hard—a locked door. Again with the locking! It opened right in the middle of the Grimmnasium. Cerise cried to her friends, "I don't even care about the dance! Why would Blondie tell the whole school I want to ruin it?"

My heart broke into three pieces—one filled with guilt, one filled with sadness, but the third filled with hope, and that's just right, "Because I got carried away." I explained the entire story. About how I thought someone was going to ruin our Legacy Day dance. How I thought Cerise acted suspiciously. The fact is I never had all the facts. I tried to make the pieces fit because I wanted my hunch to be just right, "But I was wrong. I never meant to hurt you, Cerise. I'm so sorry."

Cerise wiped her eyes, and, for the first time ever, smiled, "My Blondie, what a big heart you have."

A good journalist knows when to tell a story, and when to check their mirror. My next episode of Just Right was again about Cerise. It was also about making mistakes, checking your facts and apologizing when you're just wrong. Because at the end of the tale, I'm all about doing what's just right.