Will you run away with me

Elena's POV

I tap my feet, click my pen, twirl my hair and repeat. I have been waiting for ever for Damon to return from his revenge mission. I tried writing in my diary but I just find myself writing the lyrics to Fast Car over and over again. Finally after listening to Tracy Chapman on a constant loop for another hour Damon walks in.

Blood stains his white v-neck, his perfect raven black hair is a mess and he has a wild look in his eyes. I automatically drop my diary and rush over to him. I am afraid to ask did he kill him? I have faith in Damon that he didn't kill Stefan, but the primal stare in his retinas makes me lose confidence that things ended without a causality.

His breath is heavy and he is panting. I flash down to the basement and grab him a blood bag from the fridge. When I go back into the living. He is sitting in the large arm chair in front of the fire.

Each time the fire crackles his ears twitch. I approach him slowly afraid. I don't know why I am afraid exactly but I just am. He hasn't said anything since he got home. I try not to assume the worst, that he killed Stefan and that his humanity is gone. I am no Lexi I couldn't torture him to bring back his emotions it would kill me. I feel so helpless just standing there. He just sits there, I stand by his side waiting. I have to say something........ anything to break the thick tension between us. So I walk right up to him and sit on his lap. I push his hair out of his eyes and smile when I see the crystal blue eyes shinning underneath. I kiss him, though he has a bruised lip I don't care. His tounge pushes into my mouth. I want to continue but unlike some girls I value talking for means of communication instead of physical communication. (trust me I like the other stuff too) I pull away and a small frown appears on his face. ah ha! Now I have leverage!

"Damon what happened?" I say hoping that he doesn't go into detail of how he killed his brother but wanting to know why he has tracked blood all over the carpet. He frowns again and has a stubborn look on his face but his lips open and finally after this torment called silence ends. Words come out.

"I couldn't do it, I was about to, I had my hand inside his chest ready to rip away his existence but I just couldn't. It wasn't because of the fact that he was my brother I couldn't care less. It was when I realized that I am a monster and that you would have been afraid of me if you saw me," he looks away ashamed.I didn't have words for the way I felt not disgust or fear not even close but unconditional love for the man sitting in front of me. For the fist time I realized that I loved Damon not matter what, I love him unconditionally. If he were to have flipped his switch today I say screw Lexi I would have fought, clawed, kick, and scream until his humanity was back and the one thing that I had an advantage on was that I loved him more than life.

Luckily my reckless emotion full Damon was still sitting in front of me. The one thing that I couldn't shake was the memories. Of how many people had died in this town where I have fallen in love twice with two boys who just happened to be brothers, have found out that the creatures parents use to make you eat your vegetables actually exist, oh not to mention squeezed to death by my psycho ex. Fun, Right?

I just can't stay in this little town any longer. It is killing me from the inside out. I surprise both myself and Damon when I blurted out,

"This town is suffocating me." I kick myself for saying that out loud. But, he surprises me even more when he replies,

"Then let's leave," he suggests with a casual shrug. I just stare at him.

"Elena this town has been my home for as long as I can remember and trust me that's a pretty long time but, I want to have a new start one where it is our story not with all the drama from anyone else. I want to run away and leave this town behind but only if I have you with me."

I nod I have always wanted to see the world. I had dreamt this story when I was young, of how my life would go when I grew up. I'd fall in love while visiting Paris and then realize I had already found the perfect guy and had lost him. Then I would come back to Mystic Falls and tell him that I love him and raise a family here.

My dreams have not came true. My dream of being a mother ended when I became a vampire, in reality they died when I choose vampires as my significant others. My dream of going to collage as a normal teen/adult is gone now. I would probably snack on the boy sitting next to me in class. My mother will never help me pick out a wedding dress. My father will never walk me down the aisle. A single tear falls down my face, and then I remember Damon. He's my future, he may not be in my plan but I think the reason why I fell so hard for him because he was unexpected. 

"Elena, is everything okay? What's going through your mind? " he asks so compassionately that I swear I could hear my heart break.

"Damon I want to leave this town and never come back," I whisper.

"We can't do that, you have a brother and all of your friends, I want to leave but, not forever. It's like a vacation." He finishes.

I know he is right. I can't forget my past it has helped get to the future and without my past I wouldn't have Damon.

"Were do you want to go?" he asks and then adds,"I will follow you anywhere you go," 

I can't help but laugh out loud. He is trying to be romantic and I love it but it sounds like he's the lead in some ABC romantic comedy, Damon has never been the flowers and chocolate kind of guy. His famous smolder  appears and I sigh that he's back to normal. He picks me up and throws me over his shoulder like a rag doll.

"Where do you want to go?" he demands.

"You never dreamed of going some place, you never tacked a picture on your wall of your dream vacation spot,?" he asks

"Well I always dreamed of going to Paris," I reply

"Then Paris it shall be," he smiles and then throws me onto the bed. Then he runs out of the room and brings a big suit case with him. He begins throwing clothes into the case. I just sit on his big bed and watch him. He is so handsome and strong I can't describe how much I love him. After a couple of minutes of flashing around the room throwing the necessities in the bag. He stops at the top shelf, the one where I keep my clothes and gently picks up my red set of a bra and under wear. He smiles mischievously and folds them softy and puts them on top of the rest of our belongings.

The next thing I do is call Jeremy. I tell him that I will be gone for two weeks tops, I promise to call and explain later. I also mention the wad of cash in my bedroom for pizza emergencies. He doesn't understand why I have to leave right away but tells me to have fun and to bring him back croissants. After a slight cry fest of me telling Jere that I love him and that I promised to come back safe, Damon tapes his wrist and mouths 'time to go.' I grab my last thing, my journal.

As Damon's black convertible crosses over the town limit the last images of my perfect life disappear along with the small town of Mystic Falls.

(Hi readers, I am having writers block so the next chapter will be about elena and damon in Paris. It will be about funny experiences they have and their love. Don't worry they will return to mystic falls soon enough and will face more surprises. Comment and vote! I want to know what you think of my writing. HAPPY ALMOST EASTER!!! Thank u so much for reading!)