#3 Book Armor!

(A/N) Okay, FIRSTLY, I'm pretty sure this is the only book I have that I'm not good with giving titles, SECONDLY, I changed the cover. It's supposed to be Harper, from the Nancy Drew game: Thornton Hall. Because that's legit who I think if whenever I think of this book- (A/N)

The next morning I was awoken from my slumber by loud banging on my door. "(Y/N) I'm going to Sally's!" The voice of my annoying older brother yelled, still banging on the door.

I threw the door open, "Who's Sally? Your crossdressing girlfriend?" I asked, annoyed. His excessive knocking gave me a dang headache.

Larry glared at me. "No!" Larry rolled his eyes. "Technically he'd be my crossdressing boyfriend." He mumbled. "But we're not a couple! Not a couple." He tried to save himself.

I chuckled, "Sureeee." I mocked, smirking and raising an eyebrow.

Larry glared at me for a second before letting out a sigh and walking towards the door. He opened, "I made pancakes, mom's working, don't bother or text me." Larry yelled before slamming the door shut behind him.

Once he was gone I peaked my head out of my room. I looked left, right, then left again, like when driving. After convincing myself that Larry was right and there's no one here, I took a step out of my room, looking around again.

I smiled widely, spotting the pancakes Larry mentioned sitting on the counter. I  quickly ran and grabbed the stack of them, pouring on my favorite toppings and digging in, humming happily at the delicious taste. I have to admit, Larry's a pretty good baker! This was probably my first time eating something good for a while.. At lesst my brother cares enough not to let me starve.. I know he loves me he's just- embarrassed. Ashamed, I guess.. To be fair, I would never say I care about him either but- I think I'd at least not be ashamed to bring family up in a conversation..

I finished my pretty upsetting thoughts as I also finished eating, hiccuping from how fast I ate. I went back in my room to grab my journal, eyes widening as I realized it was gone. I left it in my bag! Okay, don't panic. No one's going to find it. I thought to myself, deciding to take a shower to get all the pancake residue off and than go get my journal back.

After my shower I put on one of my favorite outfits. It was super comfy and I'd honestly be willing to fall asleep in it.

Getting back into my comfort room, I curled up next to my bag, a big smile on my face as I was reunited with my journal. I started jolting down everything I could think of, occasionally flipping to a new page and sketching. I didn't realized I missed this thing so much.. In such a short time..

Sally's P.O.V

I know Larry wanted to talk to me today but I just- I needed to check up on that hidey hole I found.. It just- I don't know what it is, I don't know if it's a powerful ghost trying to communicate or- a murderer- or just another, normal person.. Larry will probably be mad that I ditched him, but I want to know. Need to know.

I just mad it into the room, being as quiet at possible. The door didn't creak as much as it did other times, but it was a nice addition to my stealth mission. I made my way to the hole and started worming my head through the hole, mask scraping against the floor. As soon as I popped my head through and looked up, my mask partly slid off- I was hit in the face with a book. Hard.

Larry's P.O.V.

"Dude- where's Sal?" I asked Sally's dad when he opened the door. I got a shrug from him.

"I don't know, thought he was with you." The adult replied, making me huff. I waved him off and started exploring the apartments. I checked my room. No Sal. I checked the tree house. No Sal. I'm gonna find him. We're probably just searching for eachother so we'll run into eachother at some point. But then again... I haven't checked the 5th floor. Gosh darn it, Sal. As soon as the elevator started moving up to the top floor- it broke down.

I'm stuck. I'm gonna kill Sal and (Y/N) if they find eachother..

I just wanted one friend to stay my own without my (Y/N) budding in..

(Y/N) P.O.V.

I didn't realize someone was here till I heard the scraping.. It sent shivers down my spine and I looked up and saw it. I knew I couldn't keep them away for ever, and I didn't have anywhere to hide, so as soon as their head popped up I through my book at them. Hard. It knocked their weird mask off even more than it was- and honestly, the skin underneath wasn't a pretty sight. At all. The person was knocked out, and- I knew I had to help.. I pushed them back into the main room and crawled out. I didn't know what more todo than to let their head rest on my lap as I held a slightly cold? Water bottle to their exposed forehead.

"Sally!" I heard- Larry scream, making me jump a bit, making me jump more as my brother burst into the room. He saw Sally and growled lightly at me. "What the hell have you done?" He growled, tearing him from my grip, taking the water bottle and copying me.

His friend was already coming to. "Larry? Dude I'm fine I just- ugh- my head hurts." The- boy I think- groaned, rubbing his forehead.

"Well- at least that mask seems like good book armor!" I laughed awkwardly.