Chapter One

Ghosts: A Walking Dead Story

Lilith knelt in the line with the rest of them. Her group, her family for the past year and a half. The people who took her in and cared for her after no one else would. The people who gave her a home. The people who were now probably going to get her killed.

The woman's blue eyes glanced at Luna, her pet wolf who was on the outskirt of the group, hiding in the tree line, waiting for her order. She was so different from when she first got her. She could still remember it.

"There is no fucking way you're keeping that," he said as Lilith picked up the injured wolf pup in her arms. She smiled and scratched between the pup's ears.

"Oh yes I am," she said with the biggest grin in the world. Lilith held out the wolf to her partner. "How can you say no to those eyes?"

The man smiled, his eyes shining. He kissed Lilith's cheek. "Oh, those eyes are impossible to resist."

The woman shook the memory out of her head. A voice snapped her out of her thoughts as her blue eyes looked up. Lilith's silver blonde hair fell in her face as she looked to the man in front of them. Behind them were at least a hundred men, each with a gun. There was no way out of this one.

"Are you ready to meet the man himself?" Simon asked her group. Lilith's eyes went to Rick, who looked around frantically for a way out. Then her eyes went to Maggie, very pregnant but also very sick. She needed a doctor now. They had to time for this.

The door to the RV swung opened. The silhouette of a man came out.

"Y'all pissing your pants yet?" a familiar voice called. Lilith's eyes widened as she looked up.

Lilith leant against her car, now out of gas and useless on the run from the zombies. She smoked a cigarette as she sat on the hood, shooting an incoming zombie in the head. What she didn't notice was a man coming from behind. When a hand grabbed her shoulder, she figured that this was going to be the end, but aimed the gun at the intruder still. The man smiled a bit.

"Not a Walker," he said as he let go of her shoulder.

"That doesn't mean much to me," Lilith said as she cocked her gun, her eyes glancing at a weapon.

"Not an enemy either then. But if you're just going to sit there and shoot, you might attract some," the man said with a bit of a smile.

"Let them come," Lilith said smirking. "I got plenty of ammo and I'm pissed off. I'll give them more than what their bargaining for."

The man laughed at her as he shook his head. He threw his bat behind his back and held out his hand. "I'm Negan."

"Lilith, Lilith Manuel," she said as she shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you then Lilith... How about we get out of here? I've been wandering alone for a while now."

Lilith examined the man carefully and shrugged. She jumped off the hood of the car and slung her bag over her shoulder. "Why the hell not?"

No, no, no, it can't be, she thought.

"I have a feeling we're getting pretty fucking close...." The man got closer to the group, continuing his monologue. In her shock, all Lilith could hear was ringing in her ears. Her hands clenched to fists. Her blue eyes looked up as Negan held up the fearsome looking bat.

"This is Lucille, and she is fucking awesome!"

Lilith and Negan walked down the road, covered in blood and dirt. Both were slightly out of breath from their latest encounter with the Walkers. Lilith's blue eyes glanced at Negan's bat, now dripping with blood.