Chapter Two - Beating Darrel

K.O was hoping today would be better than yesterday. After the issue with Rad, K.O just went and did what he normally does, and was mostly fine until he saw Enid. She tried talking to him, and he snapped at her form no reason and called her some really rude things.

When he got in the car to go home, his mom noticed he was a bit strange. She questioned him, though he didn't respond to her at all.

Later on in the night, K.O had a dream about him getting beat up and becoming depressed, and eventually the depression got so bad that he couldn't handle it anymore. He didn't really understand the dream, but he was glad it wasn't real.

He walked into Gar's, looking down at the floor. Once he was inside, he looked over toward Enid, who paid no attention to him. He sighed, assuming she was still upset about yesterday.

He opened his mouth and was about to apologize, but the alarm went off and Enid and Rad quickly went outside. K.O followed them and got ready to fight whatever bot that Lord Boxman sent.

Darrel appeared out of the smoke, and K.O immediately went to attack. Enid and Rad just looked at him as he ran up to Darrel, ready to punch him. They were about to step in when K.O punched Darrel and sent him flying.

The two watched, their mouths open wide as K.O stood there afterwards, his fists clenched and his back turned toward them. An explosion appeared in front of him, implying he defeated Darrel by himself. For a moment, his eyes were glowing white and his gaze was that of a villain.

He closed his eyes for a quick second, returning them back to normal, and turned toward Enid and Rad, who were staring at K.O in disbelief.

"K.O," Enid said, barely above a whisper. "How did you -"

"Don't ask me questions," he said, walking right passed them back into Gar's. There was something off about his voice, though they couldn't put their finger on it. It sounded much harsher, which was unlike K.O.

"Is he okay?" Rad asked. "I mean, he's been acting strange since yesterday. I mean, yesterday he was actually extremely rude, and today he's really strong? That kind of thing doesn't happen overnight."

"Yeah, something definitely is wrong," Enid declared. "I mean, his attack, it was purple, but it's supposed to be blue. I know for a fact that the color of your moves doesn't just randomly change like that."

The two stood there for a moment before walking back into Gar's. They were surprised when they saw K.O sitting against the counter, curled up into a ball and looking at the floor. "I don't understand," he said, looking over at Enid and Rad. "I mean, I know I didn't get strong all of a sudden, it doesn't make sense."

Enid walked up to K.O and knelt down to his height. "Hey, don't worry, we'll figure this out, okay, K.O?" She put her hand on his back and brought him into a hug.

"Yeah, about that, judging from what the author has planned, I think that ---" Rad was interrupted by a low growl coming from Enid. "No, Rad, stop. We had this conversation before."

He huffed and rolled his eyes in annoyance. "Ugh, fine," he said. "I'll keep myself from breaking the fourth wall this time."

Enid let out a sigh of relief, releasing K.O from the hug. "Feeling better?" She asked him, holding onto his shoulders. "Yeah, I'm better now," he said with a nod. "Thanks, Enid."

She stood up and stood in front of K.O, grateful to see a smile on his face. She was still confused about what was going on with K.O, but was hoping that it would be figured out soon. She looked over at Rad, who she could tell was also trying to figure things out.

"Hey, guys," K.O said, looking to the side. "I'd appreciate if you don't tell my mom about this. I mean, the last thing I want is for her to worry about me right now."

"Of course, K.O," Enid declared. "We won't tell her. Whatever is going on is safe with is, though if she finds out on her own, we're not the ones to blame."

K.O let out a small chuckle. "Okay," he sighed.

"Thanks guys."

(A/N) I'M SORRY! I COULDN'T HELP THAT FOURTH WALL BREAK! FORGIVE ME! XD

Anyway...I'm so going to annoy people in school by talking about OK K.O possibly all week, haha. Also self advertising here, haha, I posted a chapter in my updates book that has a bunch of theories about the special. I was talking about it with a friend and I really wanted to show the theories to you guys, so could you check them out? :>

Well, that's really all I got to say other than thanks for reading, please vote and comment if you enjoyed, and I'll see you in the next chapter! ^.^