"Just the mailman!" I call back. The guy breathes out.

"Oh. Okay!" She says, and then there's silence.

"Get outside." The guy says. I obey and come outside.

"I know your parents. They wanted me to give you this."

The guy hands me a packet.

"Thanks." I say, and stare at the packet. It's in a manila envilope.

"Oh I'm Evan Sky." I hear the guy introduce himself.

"Kay bye." I say, still wondering what the packet was. 

"Well that's rude."

"Okay bye now." I repeat, and start to open the packet. It seems light, and I try not to rip the edges. My brow sweats and I feel excitment burning in my throat.

"Well a thank you would suffice."

"Thanks. Bye."

I knew it annoyed him that I was saying bye, but I kept saying it. It was fun annoying him.

"Did you know," I hear him say in a smug tone. "That one plus two equals me and you?" 

It doesn't phase me that he's trying to pick me up.

"Oh really? Well then three plus four equals get the hell off my porch."

I hear the door open, and light footsteps.

"Hey Allie." I say without turning. I almost had the package totally unwrapped.

"Who's this?" She asks.

"It's Steven Glory or something." I answer. I hear a scoff, and then his voice.

"It's Evan Sky. Nice to meet you. You must be Allie."

"Yeah." She says a little breathlessly. I roll my eyes.

"I'll be inside." I say, and start to make my toward the door.

"No, wait," Evan says, grabbing my arm. "I just met you and-"

"THIS IS CRAZY. BUT HERE'S A NONO. SO GO AWAY PLEASE."

(Call Me Maybe song :P Shame on you if you've never heard it.)

"Funny. I just wanna say hi to Mr. Corlett." 

I narrow my eyes and sigh.

"Fine." I give up, and storm inside.

"MOM! GET DAD! HIS FRIEND'S HERE." I scream upstairs. 

"AUGH SHUT UP!" I hear in response. Then a crash. 

"MOMM!"

"I HATE YOU!" I hear again. Then after a while, "Just kidding." In a low voice.

I look at Evan as he has a raised eyebrow. "Is she always like this?" He asks.

"Yup." I reply.

After a couple minutes, my dad comes downstairs. 

"Good morning dad." I say brightly.

"Hi." He replies. He doesn't look very happy that he's up right now but I ignore it.

"Do you know him?" I point to Evan. Dad laughs.

"Do I know him? Damn, he's the boy I never had! C'mere kid!" His eyes brighten when he talks to him. 

I hate my dad. I hate my dad.

"What brings you here son?" He asks.

Evan frowns.

"My parents are moving to New York, and I don't have a place to stay."

"Oh, sucks man! Have fun in the NY! Don't get robbed!" I say in a cheery voice. Dad hushes me.

"Well you're welcome to stay here!" He says. "We have an extra bedroom! It's right next to Ana's." He says. After discussing things with Ian, dad slumps his shoulders.

"I'm so tired." He states. Evan pats his back and I roll my eyes. Kiss up. I hear loud footsteps coming downstairs.

"Who's here?" She asks in a loud voice. She comes in the kitchen and she see's Evan.

"Holy crap you grew...Good looking too." Mom states, raising an eyebrow.

"Avery," Dad warns. Avery shrugs.

"What? Just saying..." Then when he looks away, she mouths "Call me". I chuckle and so does Evan.

"Okay well it's set. You'll start sleeping here tomorrow!" Dad announces. 

Oh eff me.

"Hello neighbor." Evan says smugly.

_______________________________________________________________________

HI!

HOPE YOU ENJOYED!! I REALLY LOVED WRITING THIS AND ALL YOUR COMMENTS!!!! I'll be writing more this summer, but different stories. Please keep following<3333

LOVE YOU ALLLLLLLL

XXdontmesswithmexX