CLOSER

I remembered the first time we shoot a movie scene.

I remember how tensed we both were because this is our first, among others.

First movie together, first acting stint, first scene, first everything.

And I am more than glad it's with her--despite not being the endgame for the movie at least she was my endgame in real life.

Not many people know of the 'real', but those who do, I know and feel are the ones who know me better.

"Jayzel", I almost smiled when I said her name in the film. But I was supposed to be apologetic because I'm not choosing her.

God, she looked so beautiful in her beauty queen gown. While I wore simple shirt and jeans.

This scene was supposed to be our good bye scene because I was choosing her best friend--my leading lady in this movie.

"Yes, Luke?" Kisses as Jayzel said with a smile.

I bowed my head a little, come on Edward, we have to be professional here.

"YoulookreallybeautifulKisses", I said as fast as I can. And then shouted, "Sorry Direk, wait lang po!"

The set was filled with murmurs, their reactions were mixed. Then I heard Direk laugh. "Ano, Ed? Hindi maitago? Ayan, nailang na tuloy si Kisses!" Direk went closer to me and Kisses. I looked at Kisses and it's true, hindi sya makatingin nang derecho. She just looked down and fumbled on her toes. She's changed a lot since---since, everything. And though hindi nya sinasabi, we miss the things that once were.

"Sorry po Direk," we said almost simultaneously.

Direk put her arm around us, and she softly said, "Kayo talaga, alam ko naman. Tiis lang, darating din kayo doon." And then she let us go, and gave us a wink.

"Okay, another take!" She ordered everyone non-chalantly. And finally, Kisses held her head up and looked into my eyes, as if saying "Payt lang, Edward!" I gave her the biggest smile. We were back to Luke and Jayzel mode, we're saying our goodbyes here. But I know, as Edward and Kisses, this is just the beginning.

Five long years passed after, and I can't believe that we're here now. I holding her hand, and this time not letting go.

I looked at her, she was more beautiful than before. And now, we're a tandem--for real and for reel. I'm glad I waited. Everything was worth it.

She gave me her warmest smile, and I held her hand tight. We heard the host, it was our cue to enter the stage:

"Please welcome, ang mga bida sa pinaka-aabangang pelikula ng taon, Philippines hottest and most favorite love team: Kisses Delavin and Edward Barber!"

#KapitLang 💛