2

The Sorting Ceremony was new to me. Mum never told me about it and Dad had no clue as to what the wizarding world even was. I was ignorant as to what was to come at Hogwarts. Thought maybe we would have to duel to the death to get a spot in the prestigious school.

     But you filled me in and he told me that it was okay that I didn't know — most students were Muggleborns and were in the dark, too. Never once did you make me feel idiotic for not knowing important information. It was one of the things I loved about you.

     You always explained things but you never went at it in a way that made people feel lesser than what they were. You were kind and compassionate and beautiful, even with your chubby cheeks and crooked teeth. In my eyes, none of that mattered. You were perfect through and through and I was in so deep.

     We got to the school and we paired up in the boats together along with Lee Jordan. When we got to Hogwarts, I watched your face light up at the architecture of the castle. You said it was breathtakingly astounding and I agreed. Not because I actually did agree but because I thought you were breathtakingly astounding.

     With your gaping mouth and wide eyes, nothing could compare to the beauty that you hold. I wanted to tell you this, to shout it out.

     I didn't.

     I walked behind you into the Great Hall — as you so kindly described before — and when my name was called, I hesitantly went up there, looking your way. You were at the Hufflepuff table, grinning from ear-to-ear and I wanted to be there. Right beside you.

     I was Sorted into Hufflepuff two moments later.

     It was selfish of me to ask for that, to be put into a House solely because I could not let go of my fixation in you, but I believed it to be worth it when you brought me in for a tight hug, arm warm around my shoulder as you jostled me.

     "You're here! This is amazing! This school year is going to be wicked!" you exclaimed and the extremity of your smile left me breathless.

     You left me breathless, Cedric.