I let out a small chuckle, "Luke, you and i both know you aren't that sorry since it gives you an excuse to lay on my breasts."

"True," Luke stated into my chest. I swear i cold feel his lips turn into his signature smirk with his words, causing me to lightly roll my eyes.

"You're a dork," I commented, running my hands through his messy hair once more.

"But, I'm your dork." 

Breath in, breath out.

Steady breaths. Come on you can do this.

Whats the worst that could happen?

Oh, right. My mom could disown me from her family.

I stared at the front door, trying to persuade myself to open it up and confess everything to my mom.

But, i just couldn't bring myself to it. I knew I wouldn't get the same reaction from my mom as i did when Luke and I told Andrew - because well, Andrew is such an easy going person, whereas my mother... was not.

Plus, Andrew had already moved on from my mother long ago - I'm guessing the constant nagging and worrying didn't exactly float his boat - and now, he was trying to repair his relationship with Liz. I was happy for the two. Mostly because Luke didn't have to be separated from his mother any longer.

I reached down to the handle and began to turn it but as soon as it moved i quickly let go and yanked my hand back into my chest. How am I ever going to tell her if i can't even walk inside the house itself?

Think of Luke, think of how happy you two will be once you can finally pursue your relationship for real... no longer in hiding.

Breath in, Breath out.

Click. 

The door swung open before i could even realize what I was doing and inside i could see my mom sitting on the couch with a bag of chips in hand.

Its now or never.

"Mom can I talk to you?" I asked as i closed the door behind me and made my way over to the couch, sitting next to her cautiously.

"Yeah..?" She told me,  her words coming out more like a question.

"Pinky promise me you wont be angry?" I bit my lip, sticking out my pinky as she wove hers through mine and nodded slowly.

"Just get on with it," 

"You know Luke right?" I asked. It was a stupid question, really but i didn't know how else to start the conversation.

"Well, of course i do Amber." My mom groaned, "We only lived with him for like five months."

"Yeah, i knew that." I spoke, more to myself then her.

"Amber, stop stalling and just spit it out." 

"So, well i don't really know how to say this without sounding horrible." I rambled, trying to pick my words out. "Luke and I got pretty close over that time, and we became kind of like best friends."

I decided to keep out the fact that 'best friends' meant boyfriend and girlfriend.

"Yeah, I've noticed that," My mother nodded.

"-And after you and Andrew split, we got closer."

My mom nodded, telling me to go on.

"And eventually we developed... feelings."

".. what type of.. feelings?" she questioned, setting down her bag of chips and turning to face me completely.

"Well.. like like feelings." I told her, continuing before she could interrupt again. "And we decided to see where it'd take us after you two split... and I really like him mom. I'm not sure i've ever liked someone as much as i like Luke and I get if you're mad at me.. i really do. But, no matter what you say I'm still staying with him because i lo-"

"-I knew it." she cut me off, leaving me completely and utterly shocked. How could she know? Luke and I tried to be so secretive.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "You- You knew it?" 

"Its completely obvious you like him." She told me, "Why in the world would you insist on having Luke pick you up from school everyday or even insist on hanging out on him for that matter if you didn't like him? I mean, you two were supposed to be brother and sister - last time i checked they don't get along that nicely."

"Wow." I breathed. She had read me like an open book. How could I have not known how completely obvious it was?

"You aren't mad?" I asked her, tilting my head slightly. And with my words, she laughed.

"I think I've spent enough time being mad at you for no reason. Plus, you and I both knew that Andrew and I weren't heading anywhere.. hes too geeky for my liking." she told me, chuckling with her words. Who was this woman and what had she done with my mother?

"Right," I smiled, shaking off her weird behavior. Besides, my whole life I've been wanting a 'nice' mother like you see on the TV. Might as well embrace it while i have one.

"I love you, mom." I told her, pulling her into a hug.

"I love you too, Amber Mae."

------

OKAY HI SORRY THIS IS JUST A FILLER BUT I NEEDED TO POST IT

i told someone this would be the last chapter then i remembered i had to clear some stuff up soo either this next chapter or the chapter after will be the lasT.

I'm actually completely mind blown and i don't know what to do, stepbrother has been such a ride for me... and for you guys too I hope.

Anyways, enough sappy stuff.

If you guys enjoy my writing, which i hope you do.. I'm going to be having you guys pick what book you want me to continue after this in the next chapter so you guys can read a story you actually want to.

I love you guys so so so so so so so much.

-mads xx