Imagine 10

The bell rings as you step into the corner coffee shop that you go to pretty much every day after school. You watch the raindrops trickle off your boots onto the "Welcome" mat near the front door. You shake rainwater off your umbrella and slide it into the umbrella holder. You make your way towards the counter and order a caramel cappuccino. Once your name gets called, you grab the mug and sit down at a table near the window. You sip your cappuccino, watching random pedestrians pass by. You see a familiar face - a gorgeous one too - c/n!! You sit up straight and pretend not to notice him as he enters the shop. You tousle your hair a little. 

"Y/n!" you hear him call. You look around, and finally (pretend to) notice him, as if you didn't see him walk in.

"Oh, hey c/n!" you smile. He joins you at your table. He's soaked.

"You're really wet," you remark. He smirks a little bit and your eyes widen. "No, no, not like that, I mean-"

"I know, I didn't say anything" he laughs while raising his arms in defense. "This is kind of a weird question, but like, why do you seem so nervous all the time?"

"Me? I-I'm not nervous, I- I just- like, you know- I-" you stutter, he's just sitting there watching you make a fool of yourself.

"Never mind," he says, smiling. "So... why are you here?"

"I- I come here everyday," you reply. He nods. "What about you?"

"I mean, I live down the street so I just figured I'd stop by. I guess I made a good choice"

You smile at him and he smiles back. His e/c eyes twinkling in the dim coffee shop lighting, because no, there's no sun outside right now.

"Anyways, uh- you look nice today," you say. Why did I say that, oh my god, I'm such a creep.

"I'm covered in soaking wet rain clothes," he laughs. "But thanks- so do you."

Your heart feels like it will literally fly out of your chest, which will obviously scare c/n away if you haven't already managed to do that.

"OH- uh, THANKS- th-thanks,"

"You seem like a cool person, tell me about yourself," he says.

You tell him stories, and you guys talk for hours on end. And after it ends, you realize you didn't stutter once! Well damn.