Chapter 3

When Isabel and Anna got home they saw Marissa and her husband and two songs sitting on the couch with mugs of hot cocoa on the coffee table. Marissa tells Anna that the clown from 4 years ago escaped from prison. Anna started crying and told them that she saw the clown walking by the coffee shop and she thought she was hallucinating and Isabel tells them that she saw him in the cornfield. Immediately they called the police. The police told them to stay inside and that they would search the town. Isabel felt so scared because he was near the coffee shop when she was working. she put a movie on and had Anna come into the kitchen with her to make popcorn. She really needed a distraction and she knew Anna did too. Anna had to go to a lot of counseling after the creepy clown chased her 4 years ago. Marissa was scared of him also but he didn't chase her. Anna's nightmares were really scary and they almost always were about being chased by the clown. When everyone finished watching the movie; everyone got ready for bed. Since Isabel's sister Anna was really scared, she let her sleep on the floor in her room in the basement. They wanted to paint eachother's nails dark blue. Isabel went upstairs to get the nailpolish that was left on the bathroom sink. She kept thinking how lucky she was that she went to a friend's house that night four years ago. She hadn't seen the clown before today; but he wasn't chasing her. She thought she saw something moving in the tree outside the bathroom window. She thought that maybe the neighbor's cat got outside and climbed up the tree. It was raining outside and it was extra creepy with everything going on. She looked more closely at the tree and then spilled the dark blue nail polish when she realized it was the same creepy clown. She ran downstairs and locked the basement door. She noticed that Anna fell asleep. She was going to call the police but then she realized that she left her cell phone in the car. She thought that if the clown heard screaming he would know people were home so she decided that she would wait for an hour and then sneak outside to go get her phone. She thought he would be gone by then and that since the lights were off and the doors were locked he would have no reason to bother them. She waited for an hour and quickly ran to her car to get her phone. She turned around to run back into the house. She didn't know that the clown was right behind her. The clown then told her that he had been waiting for her. He was holding a knife and three balloons. He was holding a knife and three balloons. Isabel just stood frozen with fear.