chapter 6

Oyin's POV

"Amber I need you to find all recent case from last two months till date that involves a murder"

Amber furrowed her eye brow in confusion.

When I noticed, I just told her"it's urgent please".

She immediately started typing on her computer which seemed like she agreed to do it for me.

An hour later, Amber brought a series of file to my office.

"Thanks baby girl".
Being the sassy girl she is, she winked at me and left.

The first case I saw was about arrearage. The next was about lack of a capias mittimus. Then about a complaint ......I was about to go to the next when something caught my eye "he was sentenced to prison for 15 years, but spent only 10 years and released on parole for the remaining 5 years"

"This is the one" I said to myself of course since Amber had left for lunch with the others.

I reviewed the case again. This happened 10 years ago. It just seemed like yesterday...

Mr and Mrs Smith had an argument at 10pm, So the neighbors said.
"Why don't you support me when your mother talks bad about me?. You just sit there and watch her. Is that fair Tim?"
Timothy stood up from the sofa to leave but Tinuade blocked the door before he could leave.
"What do you want woman?"raising his voice at her

"I need you. I need the husband I fell in love with, the man who promised to stick with me through thorns and thistles. I need him"also raising her voice but enough for the neighbors to hear.

"Sorry. I'm busy for all that. I need to work for you to be comfortable Tinu. You have to understand" Trying to reason with her.

"Understand?... I assure you that's what I have been doing since we came back to Nigeria. When we were in New York, everything was fine but now... Look at us Tim. I want to have kids but you are rarely even at home. Your mother comes here every week and blame me for everything. Complaining about being at home while you work, when what I really want is to work but you wouldn't let me. Tim you need to talk to her. She will listen to you." About to hold his shoulder but he just shook her hands off.
" I'm not ready to have kids and you don't need to work!!!" Raising his hands up as if to make his point.
That made Tinu let her guards down and Timothy was able to leave."how could he not want kids?"she asked herself softly.

He took his jacket and left the house. Tinuade was on the brink of tears when someone entered the house. Thinking it was Timothy who came back to apologize, she went down to the living room and surprisingly she saw someone else.

Just for y'all to be clear
Casts for all chapters written are;
Oyinda peters known as oyin
Susan Anderson known as Suzy
Micheal Anderson known as Micheal
Tinuade smith known as Tinu
Timothy smith known as Tim
Anthony George known as Anthony
Amber Greece known as Amber