An Enemy

31 An Enemy

The Darkness that starts to spread

"How did this happen?" Gabbi's eyes were still looking at the back view of Richard's brother who was ascending their staircase

"That someone has entered our house and attack us..." Sanya said in a gloomy voice.

Megan sat on their sofa. She sighs while her hands were above her right shoulder now, massaging it absentmindedly. "At least we know what kind of a creature that attacks us."

Gabbi nodded at her and sat beside her, "Yes, a vampire...only a vampire can enter our house without our knowledge since this mansion was built to help us find our vampire."

"Do you mean...that---that vampire, the black eyed one who had assaulted Ate Maine's lady friend can be a candidate to be our vampire?" Sanya's eyes grew round as if she was suddenly very frightened.

Gabbi's left hand balled into a fist but she remained silent.

Megan on the other hand looked back at where Divina's blood was spilled. Then she turned to looked at their youngest scared eyes, "Do not worry, Sanya. I am sure there must be some other explanation to this."

"If that's the kind of vampire that we end up being link to, I'd rather die than be acquainted to such kind" Gabbi said in gritted teeth.

Sanya lowered her head, she looked at her lap as she said in hushed tone, "But Kuya Richard is Ate Maine's vampire...I thought he's brave," she stared up at her two older sister, "...and that man...Kuya Richard's brother, he's courageous, protecting his bloodletter earlier...I hope, that my vampire will be like that...towards me, if I ever become in danger" She waited for her sisters to reassure her that she would be.

Megan did not disappoint her. She holds Sanya's shaking hands and filled it with the warmth of hers as she said, "Of course you will be. You'll meet that vampire of yours and he will be as courageous as Maine's." She smiles at her youngest sister in assurance.

Sanya slowly nodded and smiled timidly.

After that the sister remained silent, both lost in their own thoughts at the moment.

_ _ _ _ _

A couple of hours later...Somewhere far away...

In a hilltop, overlooking the city proper below where the city lights shine as if they were stars in a land so alive at night, the black eyed man who had stab Divina earlier had arrive, he lowered his black hood, revealing his dark-hair and met an ominous character that wore a red cloak and had white mask on himself.

"Have you confirmed it?" said the red masked cloaked man.

The man bowed at him, "Yes, my lord. He truly has a Black Knight blood. His eyes turned black once the bloodletter's blood has been spilled."

The masked man hit the face of Divina's attacker, "How many blood have you spilled?!" his voice suddenly angry.

"O-only enough for the black knight's blood to be confirmed, my lord" he back away a little from the mask man, "Only what you have ordered, that is all I have done"

The masked man sighed and gritted his teeth as he say, "This bloodletter of the newly awakened black knight...have you smelled her blood?"

"Yes, my lord...she seems to be different"

"Different? How? She should have the same scent as me."

"Yes, my lord...she do have your scent but only faint...it was as if her blood was not yet fully awaken too, just like her vampire..."

The masked man was silent as he turned and overlooked on the view below.

"The Black Knight did he protected his bloodletter?"

"Yes, when she called him, he subdued and comes to her at once. Hence, I was quick to escape"

"You did not wait on what will happen next?!"

"I was afraid that the Black Knight will kill me, my lord..."

"Useless! So, that bloodletter of that Black Knight is not one of the sisters..." he turned to the black eyed man, "Where are the other sisters? There should be three of them at that house..."

"I—I only saw one other female beside the black knight's bloodletter in that house. She is the one who have escorted them inside the house. She was so beautiful that it almost blinded me at my true mission tonight..." The masked man hit his face again.

"Imbecile! I told you to not pay attention to them but only to the job at hand! How dare you lay your eyes on her?!"

The black eyed man cowered at the foot of the mask man. "I am sorry, my lord...I only caught a glimpse of her...I do manage to get my job done though I have to hit her in the process since she is in the way..." he said in such fearful tone.

"Never mind! You will not be thinking of her, are we clear!"

"Yes, my lord"

The masked man sighed. "Know that I will know if you ever as attempt to think of that bloodletter..." he gazes at the night sky, "Then where are the other two sisters?"

"I did not know, my lord. When the black knight's bloodletter have called him I immediately took a quick escape and come here, at our meeting place."

"You're so eager to come here...?" the masked man said in monotone.

The black-eyed man bowed and said in a hushed tone. "I had become thirsty again after creating such ruckus with the black knight and attempting to enter such house..."

The masked man rubbed his right hand on the black haired of his subordinate. "Of course, you will be. You were only able to enter that house because of me. I am sure now, that the sisters will think that you could be a possible candidate for a vampire for them. Where they would be so wrong..."

"Yes, my lord. Only because of your blood that I was able to enter such house...your powerful blood that you have abundantly given to me..." the black–eyed man said as he grabs the hand that had been place on his head and turn it palm up as to smell the scent of the mask man's blood that run through its vein.

"You have truly become my servant. Go ahead, take a bite. You have earned your due tonight." The mask man said with a snickered.

Then the black-eyed vampire did as he was ordered and sink his fangs on the wrist of the mask man, sipping blood hungrily like there was no tomorrow. He did not notice the attack then of the mask man on his neck, whilst the vampire was getting blood from him, he too, the mask man was getting the blood that was being taken from his very veins.

The vampire's body grew rigid in surprise until he was not able to take blood anymore, he has become immobile...and only the mask man was taking blood now...his blood...until his blood had ran dry.

A couple of minutes passed, the body of the black-eyed vampire was drop from the hilltop.

"Such lowlife, you really think I would continuously allow you to take my blood...a blood as rich as mine. Tsk...You have served me well." The mask man said while looking below where he had dropped the vampire's body.

He then brushed of some dirt from his red cloak and looked at the city lights. His face become menacing when he said, "That beautiful sister...I wonder when I will be able to see her in person. Their sister, Maine is quite a beauty, I may say...so it seems that beauty runs in the family..."

He turned around and started to walk back to where he was supposed to be. "Time to do some investigating...who is the Black Knight that will be perfect for my plan...who has the power that can be a threat to the reigning vampire monarch...and who will have the blood that will give life to the very being that will threaten mines..."

He walked back to the dark street, leisurely as if he had not murdered a being tonight. No one will suspect him. No one has ever...yet.