Chapter 29 A Grim Encounter

Start from the beginning

"Yeah it's good" I said quickly "Listen can I borrow the girls?" Before they could reply, I was already dragging the girls to other side of the dance floor. "What's up?" asked Gwen, "Why did you drag us other here?"

"It's Chloe, she's here" I said glancing around. "What?" they all said in sync, "Where?" I took a deep breath and quickly explained what happened outside the gym. "And then I froze her wrists and escaped" I said finishing my story, the girls all looked at me surprised and shocked.

"I think she's possessed or something" I said, "The way she was acting was so..." I trailed of as I looked over behind the girls. "Oh no" I said, "What? what is it?" Eliza asked me, "We're in big trouble now" I said pointing towards the other side of the gym.

Chloe's gang was on the other side of the gym, and they were slowly coming towards us. The girls turned around and saw this too as I heard Gwen and Izzy say "This isn't good." Then I noticed something that made my heart sank. Their eyes, they were like Chloe's, only this time their eyes flashed red for a few seconds and then returned to their dull lifeless state.

 Their eyes, they were like Chloe's, only this time their eyes flashed red for a few seconds and then returned to their dull lifeless state

"It's Grim! he's controlling them!" I cried out, though it did sound ridiculous saying it out loud. "Come on, run!" cried Gwen as we speed walked over to the stage and went through the curtains. "Come on, let's head up the stairs" Izzy pointed out to some metal stairs. We all quickly rushed up the stairs and speed walked away from the stairs.

"Where to now?" I heard Eliza asked who was at the back on the line, "This way" Izzy said, pointing towards a metal bridge a few feet away. No one argued as we quickly made our way towards the bridge.While we crossed I looked down over the railing, we could see the two giant thrones on the stage.

When we all were off the bridge we found another set of stairs that went down, we all quickly hurried down and scurried around backstage. "Do you think they're following us?" Gwen asked, sounding out of breath, "Nah, we would of've heard them" Eliza replied looking behind us.

Then I almost jumped from what I saw next. There a few feet away from us was Mrs Menders, the others must of saw her too because I heard Eliza mutter "Crap!" Luckily, she hadn't noticed us, but she was about to. I looked to the others and mouthed "Up the stairs" and we all turned around and started climbing back up.

Just when we were up the stairs, we all heard Mrs Menders screech "What are you doing?" We all turned our heads back to see Mrs Menders standing at the bottom of the stairs, looking up at us like a hawk. "Run!" cried Gwen as we dashed up the rest of the stairs.

"Get back here you brats!" Mrs Menders yelled as I heard her loud footsteps follow us from behind. We quickly ran across the bridge and went back down the stairs we came up on. We quickly rushed behind the giant blue curtains and began to catch our breath

"Someone check the gym" Eliza said panting. Quickly, I took a peck through the giant curtains and scanned the gym for any sign of Chloe's gang. To my shock I couldn't find them anywhere, not even Chloe.

I looked at the others, "They aren't in the crowd" I say giving them a worried expression. No one had time to reply because suddenly a voice came that made us all jump, "There you are!" We all gulped as we turned around, sure enough Mrs Menders were standing a few feet away from us with her arms on her hips, her mouth shaped in a scowl.

"I cannot believe you!" she growled, "I never would have thought that you would come here to cause trouble!" She began to storm towards us when suddenly, she stopped a few meters from us. Then a few seconds later, her whole body leaned back and she began making an ugly chocking sound. "Mrs Menders?" I asked, sounding a bit scared, then she leaned forward revealing her glowing red eyes.

"Die Frost child" she muttered, though now it sounded like someone else was talking with her. Then behind her, Chloe and her friends began walking slowly towards us. Then I saw Chloe grab something from her pocket which glinted at us. A knife, at least that's what I thought it was until I looked at it more that I realized that it was a dagger, it looked pretty old and was curvy, though the strange thing I found about it was that the words "Bloodbourne" were in carved in the blade.

"What do we do?" I asked the girls as Mrs Menders and Chloe's gang come closer towards us. No one answered me. I quickly turned to them only to let out a scream as they too now looked dull and lifeless. They're now his puppets I thought as I quickly rushed onto the stage.

Oh crap! I thought when I took a look at the crowd, the entire school was looking at me with their dull and lifelessness eyes. Now everyone is a puppet! I thought as they all slowly began walking towards the stage. Feeling frustrated,I started to yell. "Who are you? What do you want?"

To my horror, someone actually replied, "Nice yelling frost child, but no one can hear you." I looked at the gym entrance; a man, the same man who I saw watching me from my window was leaning against the door with arms crossed looking at me. He must be Grim I thought.

"Nice prom you got here" he said walking towards the stage,"This is nothing to where I come from." For some reason done of the partygoers moved across to make a path for him. "What do you want?" I asked again, trying to stand tall, He chuckled as he walked up the stairs "Your power, your power is what I need."

He walked over to me and I instantly back away "Why do you want me dead?" I asked angrily, "Because" he said now smirking, "Your tree has wronged me deeply." I looked at him dumbfounded, Your tree has wrong me? What does that even mean? I quickly ran away from him and jumped off stage.

"You can't escape me" he said as I pushed through the crowd, "Will you stop with the monologging!" I yelled "Couldn't you be a bit more original?" He laughed and made his way off the stage, then the crowd around me backed away, forming a large circle.

"So those will be your last words?" he said entering the circle,"I expected more from your bloodline." "You're not making any sense" I say, clutching my fists to my sides. Out of nowhere, black smoke began to surround him, it began to pour out of his hands. To my shock, his eyes had turned from a glimmering golden to black and red.

I tightened my fists as I suddenly felt strange, it was like this energy was flowing though me. Then I noticed a light blue most start to surround me, Grim looked at me angrily as the black smoke started to thicken, and grew closer towards as did the strange blue mist, only it was heading towards the black smoke.

I had no idea what was going on, but something about Grim's startled face when he saw that the black smoke and the mist were about to touch told me that something would happen. And sure enough it did, when the mist touched the black smoke; it suddenly backed away as if had been burnt.

Grim's eyes widened as the black smoke vanished. Suddenly, I felt something in my hands and I looked down, in both hands was a now and couple of arrows, they were both made out of ice.

How the heck did I make that? I thought as I looked up at Grim to see him cowering in fear. " I underestimated you" he said coldly, "I better leave." For some reason, I found myself putting one of the arrows on the quiver and aiming it at him, though before I could even shoot at him, he suddenly turned into a thick cloud of black smoke and vanished.

Damn! I thought as I made the bow and arrow disappear, He got away! I let out a sigh and looked up back at the crowd. To my shock, none of them looked like they were puppets anymore. They're was a silence and then someone yelled "You got ice powers!"

Oh dear I thought looking dumbfounded, Well so much for keeping it a secret!

Author's Note: Thanks everyone for reading chapter 29 of Cold Hearted.

Sorry if this chapter was long for some of you, Since this is the second last chapter of the book,The next and final part will be an epilogue

If you've enjoyed this chapter and the book, please feel free to comment and vote on the chapter. The last part will come out next Saturday.

Again, thanks for reading and have a nice day 😄