Brilliant (Neville Longbottom)

Hey! Can I get a short imagine about a hufflepuff reader dating Neville Longbottom. Honestly just want lots of fluff and maybe them bonding over Herbology? And like Neville being nervous to admit feelings? You can decide how it ends, thanks so much!!

Neville Longbottom x reader (Hufflepuff)

Warnings: none just some cute Neville

Word Count: 810

--------

"Alright, we'll be heading to the greenhouse today! I have a little surprise on what we're working with!" Professor Sprout said with excitement.

"I wonder what it is!" You heard fellow classmates chatter on the way to the greenhouse.

One boy, Neville Longbottom, was discussing all the different things it could be. He mentioned Chinese chomping cabbage, puffapods, screechsnap, and even something called Fanged Geranium, which sounded a little terrifying. Seamus Finnigan, a Gryffindor, was doing his best to listen but you could tell he didn't care. Neville was a nerd for anything herbology wise and you had to admit, it was adorable. Everyone always blew him off and you felt so sorry about it. It wasn't fair to him. You always liked listening to him to talk about herbology, or anything really.

You all had arrived at the greenhouse and walked in to see a green colored flower that quickly snapped it's sharp teeth. Many students squealed and turned away.

"I knew it!" Neville whispered in excitement next to you.

You smiled at him, "What is it?"

Professor Sprout began explaining what it was, but you wanted to listen to Neville. He smiled and blushed a little. He seemed shocked that someone cared enough to ask. "It's a Fanged Geranium. Their fangs are used in potions and sometimes cooking. They can grow to be very big, this one is good size though. Won't hurt too much if it gets ya."

You giggled a little, "What do you think we're doing?"

He seemed a little less shocked this time, but it was still evident he was. "We might be removing their fangs or even growing them."

"That sounds brilliant! How did you get so smart?" You asked.

He turned a little red and muttered, "Just read about it."

You smiled at him, "I think that's even more brilliant."

"Pick your partners today! That's my gift to you." Professor Sprout said.

"Would you like to be my partner?" You asked Neville.

He nodded shyly. You both walked over to a table across from fellow Hufflepuffs. Professor Sprout announced that you would be removing fangs from the Fanged Geraniums. Everyone put on their dragon-hide gloves. Professor Sprout was telling everyone the correct procedure, but Neville was walking you through it.

"Now just pluck it out with these." He said handing you a silver tool.

You pulled out the second to last fang and placed it on the tray. You two were lucky to have not been bitten. A Gryffindor girl was bit on her thumb and sent to Madam Pomfrey immediately. But with Neville helping, there was no way anything could go wrong.

"See you've got the hang of it!" He cheered you on.

You laughed and thanked him. He smiled at you.

"You do the honors and take out the last one." You said smiling.

He smiled and took the last fang out and put it on the tray.

"You know, I've always loved about herbology but I never knew anyone else liked it besides Sprout. I feel it's an underrated class." You said to Neville.

"I feel the same way! I hope one day, maybe, I don't even know if it's possible but, I would like to teach it." Neville confessed bashfully.

"Something tells me you will." You replied.

"Really? You think so?" He perked up.

"I know so. Can't you just see it? Professor Longbottom, Hogwarts' finest herbology professor. I mean, you're a natural." You complimented him making him go as red as the inside of the Fanged Geranium.

"Thank you." He said looking up from the ground.

"Pleasure." You smiled.

Professor Sprout came around and collected everyone's fangs. Half going to Snape and the other to the kitchen. The class started heading back inside to Hogwarts.

"Y/N..." Neville said.

"Yes?" You turned to face him.

"I know we're in two different houses but... I was wondering if... maybe, um... you'd like to sit with me at lunch tomorrow?" He was very hesitant through the whole sentence. But it meant a lot he asked you. It was so cute.

"I would love that, Neville. Maybe we could go to the library after and find more books on herbology. I'd love to know more!" You suggested.

"That sounds fantastic." He shyly smiled again.

"I'd love to learn from a future professor too, I could tell everyone you tutored me!" You giggled.

He laughed back and blushed. Neville was opening up more to you. He talked about more books he found in the library that he would like to show you. He seemed very excited.

"I will see you tomorrow then." You said this and kissed his cheek and ran to your Hufflepuff friends telling them the news.

After you had ran away, Neville clutched his cheek turning redder than ever before. A giant smile was planted on his face.