Chapter 6

IM SO SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG

Dean's POV

I sighed and walked into my room, I don't know what's gotten into her lately, but I don't like it. I heard muttering from the room adjacent to mine, Jade's, the soft muttering eventually became loud talking. I couldn't make out what she was saying, but the way she was talking, made her sound like she was in danger. Scared even. I jumped up off of the hotel chair I was sitting on, and ran out of my room to the next door down, Jade's, and began banging on the door. Her loud words eventually became screams, which got louder and louder as I stood there, banging on her door, eventually getting enough of the door and kicking it down to reveal something that was very hard to believe that both scared me and put a pit in my stomach. There Jade was, asleep on her hotel bed, tossing and turning while crying out, having a full blown nightmare. I had seen this before though, so I wasn't really out of my state of mind, because Sammy went through the exact same thing when we were younger and dad was out hunting, leaving Sammy and I in our own in a crappy motel room. This wasn't the time to stand here- spaced out and basically ignoring the woman who was in the midst of what I can only assume to be one horrifying nightmare- and have the memories of the hard and sad times flood through my mind. Jade looked to be getting worse as the whole 3 minutes I have been standing here, in her hotel room day-dreaming about old times. Jade's screaming snapped me out of the sort of trance I was in and I rushed over to her bedside gripping her shoulders, holding her down to the bed. She struggled against my grip and I started yelling at her , "Jade, come on wake up! It's gonna be okay, just wake up and you'll be fine." Jade continued to struggle against me until she finally woke up, her eyes opened, locking with mine just as something flashed through her eyes, something I'd hoped I'd never see when I was there. It was fear, no, absolute terror was a better way to describe it, what I saw was so different from the happy, lightheartedness that was always brightened up my day when I saw it.

"Jade are-" The familiar sound of wingbeats cut me off and she was gone. I sighed, "Dammit Jade," I said looking at the now empty bed. "If you would tell me what's wrong, I could help you." I murmured as I stared at the empty space on the bed where she was mere seconds ago. I shook my head and left the now empty room to head back to my dingy room to lie down and rest my eyes to relieve my now growing headache.

I was woken up by a knock at my door, it continued for a few seconds then stopped, and resumed only a few moments after that. "Oh come on," I muttered and got up from my bed, rubbing my tired eyes as I did so. The knocking continued and I was just about on my last nerve when it suddenly stopped. I cracked open the door, "What?" I croaked out, my voice was raw, it probably got like that when I was trying to wake Jade up. A chill ran up my spine as I remembered how terrifying her screams were. "Dean?" a person behind the slightly cracked door said, "Dean, are you there?" they continued until I snapped out of the trance I was in, looking at the door. There stood Jade, in the same clothes she wore when she had that nightmare, at my door, wanting to talk to me. "Yes, I'm here Jade. Sorry, I just was thinking about something and got a little carried away. Do you need anything, would you like to come in?" I rambled on sounding just as awkward as the Doctor when he is around lady Tardis. Jade stood there, slightly laughing, as she let herself in, going to sit on the chair near the desk in my hotel room. "Dean, we need to talk," she started a little and stammered. "Jade, I-" I started, not wanting her to continue, getting cut off by Jade. "No Dean, I need to tell you this. We need to have this conversation. My gut instinct says that we need to have this conversation, and you of all people know that I am not the one to go against my gut instinct." She told me, continuing where she left off, only this time a bit more nervous and on the verge of tears. "Dean I....I-" She manages to get that out before a loud ring erupts through the room from my cell phone. It was the local police department. The police on the other end of the line started talking quickly as soon as I answered the call, leaving Jade still sitting on chair, "We're on our way now." Grabbing my brown leather jacket and pulling on my boots, I told Jade to hold her thoughts and come with me. "Dean, what's going on?" She asked me, trying to figure out what we were doing and where we were going. Explaining to her that there was another supernatural death near the diner, we got in Baby and drove to the crime scene in silence. The drive wasn't really that far from where we were staying, only about 15 minutes, so we got there in no time. Jumping out of the car, after parking and turning the engine off, Jade and I made our way over to where the police officers were. The one I talked to on the phone noticed us walking towards them, and called me out. "Detective Halen, Agent Blake." He said once we got to where he was standing. "What do you got for us officer?" I asked wanting to get straight to the point. "Well detective, it seems like the victim was rolling into the parking lot of the diner, when she got in some sort of attack. Just like the last few times, her heart was ripped out and is nowhere in sight." I nodded and went to say something, but Jade cut me off, "So what do you think it was Officer?" She asked, the officer looked over at her and shrugged, "That's what we were hoping you guys could tell us." I nodded to the cop, "We'll do our best, thanks for calling us up for this." With that, Jade and I were back into the Impala. "That was rude." I said jokingly. "What the fact that I'm a better hunter than you?" Jade said snarkily."No, it's just rude to interrupt someone when they're talking." I said to her and started up the Impala. "Wow, I wasn't aware that I was attending Winchester's school of manners." She said with a light laugh, and I watched her start fiddling with a pocket knife out of the corner of my eye. We get back to the hotel in next-to-no time, and I go into my room, well aware of Jade trailing behind me.