#26 - Chris Chambers (pt. 2)

{Chris' POV}

I watch (Y/N) walk past me, (Y/HC) hair flying, and her usual pale face a light shade of pink.

I try to stop her, my hand slightly raised and lips parted open to say the words that I've been wanting to say ever since I sat next to her in history class.

My little crush on her had now grown to overwhelm me. It seems like I'll never be able to talk to her.

Maybe today's the day that you can talk to her! Just walk up to her and say 'hello' and ask if she would like to go out with-

"Chris?"

I look over my shoulder to see my best friend, Gordie. His expression is unreadable.

"I'm telling you man, any second now and you could've had hearts popping out of your eyes," He jokes.

I chuckle in spite of myself. I really am a fool for her. She's everything that I've always wanted.

All I have to do is to confess it.

••••
{Your POV}

The day goes by, seconds turning into minutes, and the minutes slowly turning into hours. By the time the dismissal bell rings, you can hardly stay awake.

The daily crowd of students stream past you as you walk in the other direction, ready to go home after being seen like a fool in front of the only boy you've loved.

A face looks familiar to you from the crowd of people. He catches sight of you and looks desperate, as if wanting to talk to you has been the only thing on his mind for years.

And then you realize it's Chris. Your face heats up, and you walk a little faster than before, pretending not to see him.

You run to the bathroom and splash cold water on your face trying to conceal your thoughts with the sound of rushing water from the faucet.

"(Y/N)?"

You look in the cracked and rusty mirror, catching a glimpse of Chris' silhouette at the bathroom entrance.

Letting out a breath that you didn't know you were holding in, you start to talk.

"Hi, Chris."

He comes in without a word of acknowledgement, keeping his eyes on yours, making your heart race even more than usual.

"I need to talk to you."

"Really?" You say, "And what is it that you need to talk to me about?"

He sighs, looking out the bathroom window. The schoolyard is empty, and the majority of the students had left the school already. The buzzing of the air conditioner fills up the empty silence between the both of you.

"This might take you by surprise, but..."

His eyebrows furrow together, showing a desire to find the right words to fit the sentence.

"...I have a crush on you."

He blushes, and looks down at his sneakers.

The whole world seemed to stop when he said that. Nothing mattered but the knowledge that Chris Chambers likes you.

"Hey, Chris?" He looks up from his shoes.

"Hm?"

You walk towards him, and hold his hands. The bathroom light flickers above you, and all sounds around you seem to tune out.

Finally, you aren't the girl wishing for the time that you can hold hands with Chris, you're the girl that's living it.

"I do too."

He smiles, and kisses your cheek lightly. Your heart pounds through your chest.

" I knew it," He says with a slight smirk on his face, "Chris Chambers never misses, does he now?"

••••

This was kinda sorta basic, I'm sorry.

Hope you liked it!

- C.