I'll be the one that stays

I woke up and opened my eyes, it was raining outside. I turned over to get out of bed and stared right into Ahk's face. 

He was just so perfect. He looked adorable when he was sleeping. Wait, why was he sleeping with me? DID WE GET DRUNK LAST NIGHT OR SOMETHING? No, wait, he must've just climbed into bed in the middle of the night. I realized that his arm was around me, and I tried to move it off without waking him. He stirred and pulled me towards him in a hug. "Trying to get away?" He chuckled softly. I blushed because he wasn't wearing a shirt and I was facing him. 

"Hey, you were crying last night. Saying something about someone leaving you, and you were all alone. What's that all about?" He looked at me, concerned. I paled, and looked away. "N-nothing, m-must've been a stupid nightmare." He hesitated for a bit, then shrugged. "Okay." He got up and walked to the kitchen. 

When I walked out of the washroom, he was staring at something in a cup. "What are these leaves for?" He held out his cup. I walked over to the kettle and poured hot water into the cup. Then went to the fridge to get ice cubes, then put them in. "It's called tea." I drank some and made a face. "Too many leaves." I grabbed a lemon from the fridge and started cutting it. I glanced over at Ahk. He was licking a piece of the lemon I had cut. He quickly spit it out in the sink. "Do not eat the yellow things. Note taken." I laughed and plopped a piece into the tea.

After making some pancakes, (Which Ahk loved...), I decided that we should get a day of rest, the last few days had been... action-packed. I sat down on the couch and stared out the window. I was thinking about our complicated situation, when Ahk sat down next to me, interrupting my train of thought. "I've been looking around your apartment, and, well... you really like this Hamilton person, don't you?" He laughed and held out a book. Hamilton, the Revolution, by Lin-Manuel Miranda. I blushed. I was sort of obsessed with the musical and Alexander Hamilton.

"Oh, it's a musical. Uh... a play with songs in it, written about the founding father, Hamilton." I took the book from him, and flipped through its pages. Ahk smiled and wrapped an arm around my neck. "I know what musicals are."

My face started heating up and I searched for a distraction. I grabbed a CD from the shelf and put it in the radio/speaker/disk player. It wasn't Hamilton, but it was Michael Jackson. "Let's see your dance skills." I smiled as Smooth Criminal came on. I won a talent show by dancing to the song. To be honest, I only remembered the first half of my routine, so I danced that half, and then pointed to Ahk. He smiled wryly and grabbed me by my waist. 

"I wasn't just the Prince of Egypt back then, I was also the King of dancing." He burst into a partner dance, twirling me around and throwing me onto the couch. "Just you wait." he started dancing some kind of Egyptian dance, and I couldn't help but laugh. "It looks like you're doing the chicken dance." I gasped, then went back to laughing. He stopped, and turned red. 

"Here, let's do something else." I grabbed the TV remote and put on Netflix. "Oh, Larry watches that all the time at work." Ahk sat down next to me. I put on Sherlock, and we watched one whole season. By the end of that time, we were both trying to deduce the butt of each other. 

Finally, we settled down by the end of the day and just sat on the couch. "Hey, you know, you can tell me about what happened last night. I won't tell anyone." Ahk covered my hand with his. I looked away and sighed. "There was... this boy. Hunter. We were heads over heels for each other, well... I thought we were. He was only using me to show off to his ex, so when his ex left the school, he started cheating on me with tons of different girls. He humiliated me. And worst of all, he wanted to go camping with me, so we could make up, but in the middle of the night, I noticed that he was gone. He had taken all his stuff, and just left me, in the middle of the forest. 

So many times, he cheated, and deceived me. He payed with my heart, and then burned it. I swore revenge, but never had the heart to get revenge. He left me all alone that night. I was scared, I was alone, and above all, I was hurt. And he didn't care." I sniffed. Ahk pulled me in for a hug and didn't let go. 

"Don't worry, I'll always stick by you. I'll be the one that stays."