The corrupted tablet

"Snow, hey, my parents, uh, wanted... no, demanded to meet you. Is it okay if we go and visit them?" Ahkmen waited for my approval. I was actually kind of excited to meet them.

Tilly, the other museum guard managed to sneak us in at night, while Larry and I shipped everyone else to the museum. Dr. McPhee or whatever his name was, agreed to let us go for a visit. 

We thanks Tilly and headed in. Sir Lancelot came and greeted us, and for some reason insisted that he carry me. Ahk's stare alone was enough to get him to shut up. 

We walked past a washroom, and Ahk stopped me there.

"Uh, hey, sorry about this, but could you wear this, my parents are kind of obsessed with the whole, formal greeting." He held out a beautiful blue, Egyptian dress. 

"Of course." I smiled and went to go put it on. I still felt some sort of odd feeling, and decided to keep on a T-shirt and shorts under the dress, in case something happened. 

We walked over to a room with a giant, stone serpent curled up around a rock. We tried to sneak past it, when suddenly, I saw the black thing on Ahk's tablet slowly cover more of the tablet. Ahk suddenly stumbled backwards, and fell into my arms. He was a bit heavy for me to hold up.

"Ahk, what's wrong?!" I whisper-yelled.

His mouth was wide open in shock, and his eyes were unfocused. I wasn't sure if he was just badly paralyzed, or is so much pain he couldn't move. Seemed more like the second one. He started slipping from my grasp and falling to the ground. 

"Ahk, AHK, are you okay? Ahkmenrah!" I tried desperately to wake him up. The black stopped growing on the tablet, and he gasped for breath. 

"Ahk!!" I hugged him, not wanting to let go. I had tears in my eyes. 

"W-what happened?" He was shaking and seemed drained of energy. "I don't know, but look at your tablet." I held it out to him. His eyes widened in both surprise and confusion. "This had no effect on the others? This is different than before. It's more powerful. Someone must be corrupting the tablet." He looked almost scared. 

And of all the seconds, the serpent took this moment to wake up. Before it could do anything, Larry grabbed the shock thingy that was used in hospitals, and casually shocked the serpent. 

"Why is this deja vu to me?" He sighed. 

"Son, are you okay?" Teddy walked over to us. 

"Teddy... I'm older than you." Ahk laughed. 

He tried to stand up, but fell back down. Larry held his tablet for him, and using his right hand to support himself with his scepter, I put his left arm around my shoulders. 

"Go get his parents, guys." I told them as we lagged behind. 

*Larry's POV*

I ran over to his mother and father. They were sitting on the tombs.

"Ah, Larry, kiss my staff." The pharaoh held out his staff.

"Sorry, but no time. Take a look at this tablet. It's different from last time. Ahkmen said that someone was corrupting it." I held it out to him to see. His eyes widened.

"I recognize this dark magic. It's Kahmunrah's. Going as far as to try and kill his little brother, huh?" He said bitterly. 

Ahkmen and Snow arrived just then.

*Snow's POV*

The pharaoh and his wife came rushing over. 

"My son, what is wrong?" His mother cried, clearly worried.