twenty

"Cap, you got incoming."

"Incoming already came in," Steve grunted. "Stark, you worry about bringing the city back down safely. The rest of us have one job, tear these things apart. You get hurt; hurt them back. You get killed; walk it off."

"Wanda, get her to safety!" Victoria called out, pointing to a civilian that was caught in the crossfire. Wanda nodded, keeping the woman's head down as they avoided the blasts from the robots.

Victoria shot as many arrows as she could, trying her hardest not to get shot at herself. She heard a bot come up behind her, causing her to swing her leg backwards, knocking it off it's feet and stuck an arrow into it's head before firing it at another behind her.

Another wave flew in, causing Clint to gather the girl's and usher them into a small shop for cover. "Go, go, go!"

They crashed into the window, before sitting against the wall. Wanda began panicking and muttering, "How could I let this happen?"

"Hey, you okay?"

"This is all our fault—"

"—Hey, look at me," Clint held Wanda's shoulder, the female twin glancing at him. "It's your fault; it's everyone's fault – who cares? Are you up for this? Are you? Look I just need to know, 'cause the city is—is flying. Okay, look, the city is flying; we are fighting an army of robots; and we," he gestured to his daughter. "Have bows and arrows. None of this makes sense."

A grunt escaped his lips as a robot shot through the wall. Clint shot at it through the hole before turning back to Wanda. Victoria smiled, somehow feeling relieved, as though Clint was giving her the same speech.

"But I'm going back out there because it's my job. Okay? And I can't do my job, and babysit. It doesn't matter what you did; or what you were. If you go out there, you fight – and you fight to kill. Staying here, you're good – I'll send your brother to come find you. But if you step out that door, you are an Avenger."

Wanda stared at him, the decision weighing in her mind. She moved her gaze to Victoria, who gave her a small smile and a nod.

"Alright, good chat," he took out his multi-arrows contraption, placing it to his bow. "Yeah, the city is flying."

After her father left, Victoria turned to Wanda, "Wanda, I know you can do this, okay? You've got this."

She left, joining her dad in the art of shooting arrows.

"You're running a little bit light, don't you think, dad?"

Clint shot a panicked look toward his quiver, the compartment still half-full. He had a flashback of Manhattan for a moment. He sent an unamused glare to his child, "Very funny."

They continued shooting, before Clint grabbed his daughter to get to cover as another wave arrived.

"Ow!"

"Oh hush, dad. Don't be a baby."

Wanda shoved open the doors, coming to their rescue by tearing apart the robots until there were none left. Clint and Victoria helped, but Wanda did most of the work.

They moved toward the girl after, Victoria giving her a huge hug – and to the archer's surprise – Wanda hugged back.

"Alright, we're all clear here."

"We are not clear!" Captain cried out. "We are very not clear!"

"Alright, coming to you."

Pietro zoomed past them, grabbing Wanda and then grabbing Victoria before remarking, "Keep up old man,"

"Nobody would know," She heard Clint mutter. "Nobody."

Victoria let out a small laugh, "Dad!"

"The last I saw him, an Ultron was sitting on him," Clint seemed to be speaking to himself. "Yeah, he'll be missed, that quick little bastard. I miss him already."

"Shut up, dad."